43 Montana 90 Bush
44 Oklahoma 90 Bush
45 South Dakota 90 Bush
46 South Carolina 89 Bush
47 Wyoming 89 Bush
48 Idaho 87 Bush
49 Utah 87 Bush
50 Mississippi 85 Bush

The IQ numbers were originally attributed to the book "IQ and the Wealth
of Nations", though they do not appear in the current edition. The tests
and data were administered via the Raven's APT, and the The Test Agency,
one of the UK's leading publishers and distributors of psychometric
tests. This data has been published in the Economist and the St.
Petersburg Times. Though the data does correlate somewhat to IQ of
students per state based on SAT/ACT data, these results would be biased
towards those who had completed a high school education. Someone has
also taken 2000 census data on percentage of state residents who have
earned a college degree and used that to compare the voting in the 2000
election, it's funny, but that seems to correlate as well.

--
George W. Bush...Armed, Dangerous, and Stupid...
Just What the Terrorists Want & America Deserves

John S

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:57:58 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers" wrote:

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

What a smuck, Harry gets fooled again.

What I think Harry meant was that those with the highest IQ's in each of the
States voted for Bush. Otherwise, the post meant absolutely nothing.

You're right, he is a smuck!
Dr. Dr. Smithers

Not only that, but it is an old urban legend that no one with any
intelligence believed the first time around. The only thing is names were
changed from Gore and Bush to Kerry and Bush.

wrote:

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

What a smuck, Harry gets fooled again.

What I think Harry meant was that those with the highest IQ's in each of
the
States voted for Bush. Otherwise, the post meant absolutely nothing.

You're right, he is a smuck!

John S

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:22:25 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers" wrote:

Not only that, but it is an old urban legend that no one with any
intelligence believed the first time around. The only thing is names were
changed from Gore and Bush to Kerry and Bush.

.. .
wrote:

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

What a smuck, Harry gets fooled again.

What I think Harry meant was that those with the highest IQ's in each of
the
States voted for Bush. Otherwise, the post meant absolutely nothing.

You're right, he is a smuck!

Harry isn't scoring any points for intelligent posts today. But I did love
the dog biting off a finger story. That should make it into the internet
Myth Hall of Fame.

Dr. Dr. Smithers

Harry always believes if he gives enough detail in the stories, ( ie dogs
name, what color his collar is, did the kids like to crawl up on his back
etc) that his unbelievable stories will become real. Sometimes I think he
might actually be the only one who believes them.

wrote:

Not only that, but it is an old urban legend that no one with any
intelligence believed the first time around. The only thing is names were
changed from Gore and Bush to Kerry and Bush.

. ..
wrote:

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

What a smuck, Harry gets fooled again.

What I think Harry meant was that those with the highest IQ's in each of
the
States voted for Bush. Otherwise, the post meant absolutely nothing.

You're right, he is a smuck!

Harry isn't scoring any points for intelligent posts today. But I did love
the dog biting off a finger story. That should make it into the internet
Myth Hall of Fame.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:47:38 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
wrote:

Harry always believes if he gives enough detail in the stories, ( ie dogs
name, what color his collar is, did the kids like to crawl up on his back
etc) that his unbelievable stories will become real. Sometimes I think he
might actually be the only one who believes them.

I had never heard the story before and it certainly was believable to
me.

Later,

Tom
Dr. Dr. Smithers

A dog has Canines (fangs on either side) for grabbing and puncturing,
incisors (small teeth in front) for nibbling, premolars for tearing, and
molars for crushing bone" If you notice how a dog will chew on a bone, he
will pull the meat off with his front teeth and then carefully move the bone
back to the rear of his mouth. A dog biting you will grab a hold and shake,
it will cause tearing of the flesh, puncture marks etc.but he is not going
to bite anyone's thumb off. It just will not happen.

The fact that you did not hear the old story or did not understand why the
story could not happen is what Harry was hoping for. What I can not figure
out, is why anyone would go to all the trouble to fabricate such a silly
story.

news
wrote:

Harry always believes if he gives enough detail in the stories, ( ie dogs
name, what color his collar is, did the kids like to crawl up on his back
etc) that his unbelievable stories will become real. Sometimes I think
he
might actually be the only one who believes them.

I had never heard the story before and it certainly was believable to
me.

Later,

Tom

JohnH

wrote:

Harry always believes if he gives enough detail in the stories, ( ie dogs
name, what color his collar is, did the kids like to crawl up on his back
etc) that his unbelievable stories will become real. Sometimes I think he
might actually be the only one who believes them.

.. .

wrote:

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

What a smuck, Harry gets fooled again.

What I think Harry meant was that those with the highest IQ's in each of
the
States voted for Bush. Otherwise, the post meant absolutely nothing.

You're right, he is a smuck!

Harry isn't scoring any points for intelligent posts today. But I did love
the dog biting off a finger story. That should make it into the internet
Myth Hall of Fame.

All this praise for Harry's latest story is making me want to unfilter
him again. Would it be worth it?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
JohnH

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:36:13 GMT, wrote:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:29:29 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers" wrote:

If you want to see the real IQ by state go to:

http://www.sq.4mg.com/stateIQ-income.htm

If you notice Washington DC was next to the lowest IQ in the nation.

Yeah. Bush really screwed up the curve there!

BB

90% of Washington DC voted for Kerry. And Marion Barry is making a
comeback.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:37:21 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
wrote:

A dog has Canines (fangs on either side) for grabbing and puncturing,
incisors (small teeth in front) for nibbling, premolars for tearing, and
molars for crushing bone" If you notice how a dog will chew on a bone, he
will pull the meat off with his front teeth and then carefully move the bone
back to the rear of his mouth. A dog biting you will grab a hold and shake,
it will cause tearing of the flesh, puncture marks etc.but he is not going
to bite anyone's thumb off. It just will not happen.

Um.....No?

Canines can tear off digits if they attack straight on and pull.
Their front incisors are perfectly capable of performing that function
in particular if it occurs at or near a joint. I've had a Rottie
dislocate a shoulder in a training scenario - I could easily see a
digit being lost that way. I'm too lazy to perform a Google search,
but it seems that I remember a case in MA about a mastiff taking off
some fingers from a child.

The fact that you did not hear the old story or did not understand why the
story could not happen is what Harry was hoping for. What I can not figure
out, is why anyone would go to all the trouble to fabricate such a silly
story.

Based on a life time's experience with dogs of all types including
large breed guard/attack dogs, I could put some credence to the story
even if I had never actually seen it happen myself. It's not totally
outside the probability curve.

If Harry swiped the story from somewhere, I'm sure he will own up to
it at some point. Harry may be a lot of things, but I don't perceive
him as being dishonorable.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt