otnmbrd

Default Memorial Day weekend

Just realized this is the start of the annual boaters first weekend of
Mayhem. (LOL most holidays are meaningless to me, as I'm just as apt to
be working, as not).
Thankfully, I'm not on duty till Monday, so I will be able to avoid most
of the foolishness of those relearning what they forgot over the winter,
while finding out whether their boats and equipment are still in working
order.
I expect the "Mayday" calls to blossom to a greater degree, and although
I hope no one gets hurt, I look forward to a new season of "Mayday Laughin".
For example: A for real, Mayday call .... The guy calls the CG with
Mayday. CG responds by asking if they have a GPS and please give position.
When position given and plotted, turns out that it's at the CG station.
CG notes this and informs caller of same. Caller responds that this is
true.... he's tied to the CG pier and has a fishing hook stuck in his
finger .... wants them to come down to his boat and remove it, so's he
can get back to fishing.
Caller is a bit ticked at the slow response time ..... not sure whether
CG couldn't stop laughing long enough to get off the floor and help him,
or whether they were drawing straws as to which one would grab a 45 and
put him out of his misery.

At any rate, have a safe and fun season .... just remember, I'm a cranky
old phart 360 days a year (ain't tellin when them other 5 days are....or
where I am .... us cranky old pharts gotta have fun too ....)

otn

Shen44

ROFL I'm working and have broken out the "weekendwarrior" blinders .....good
and safe season to all.

Shen
John H

On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:13:39 GMT, otnmbrd wrote:

[...]

Absolutely hilarious! Now I think I'll take the wife down to the county ramp and
laugh my a$$ off watching people make fools of themselves. Thanks for the story.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

John H wrote:
ow I think I'll take the wife down to the county ramp and
laugh my a$$ off watching people make fools of themselves.

No need to waste the gas on that...just let her listen to you expound on
politics. She's got a homeland fool in you.

70 deg. this weekend upstate ny scottht General 3 October 7th 03 05:21 AM
Great Weekend in the San Juans...except for... JR North General 9 October 2nd 03 01:01 AM
Great weekend Paul General 3 September 16th 03 08:30 PM
Good weekend, except for one little cover problem. Calif Bill General 0 July 30th 03 05:18 AM
Retro Oiling Weekend. Clams Canino General 2 July 23rd 03 01:24 AM