Shortwave Sportfishing

Default The Halman has arrived...

More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone
with new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a
good elbow rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

Later,

Tom

Email decoder:

Remove onetwothree, replace with info,
Remove four, replace with swsports,
Remove com, replace with org.
Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone
with new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a
good elbow rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

Congratulations! You should stand out in the crowd at your local
sailing waters with that salty little cruiser.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone
with new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a
good elbow rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

Later,

Tom

Email decoder:

Remove onetwothree, replace with info,
Remove four, replace with swsports,
Remove com, replace with org.

She has some nice lines.
It's a non-nonsense displacement hull with a short keel for trailering.

Is there quite a bit of ballast? (maybe not for trailering?)

With sufficient ballast, she looks like she'd ride out some very
serious weather.

Neat little boat!

PocoLoco

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:03:17 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone
with new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a
good elbow rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

Later,

Tom

Email decoder:

Remove onetwothree, replace with info,
Remove four, replace with swsports,
Remove com, replace with org.

What a beautiful boat! Have a great time with it.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
thunder

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:03:17 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone with
new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a good elbow
rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

Stout little double-ender and with lifelines, unusual for a boat that
size. Pretty little boat, I like the lines. I wouldn't expect it to be
overly fast, but I would expect you could keep sailing when others are
tied to the dock. Nice boat.

DSK

Cool little boat, Tom

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone with
new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a good elbow
rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

Rigging? Sails? Actually I expect a boat like this to benefit less from
spiffy well-cut new sails (as compared to a lighter faster & bouncier
boat) but it will still make a noticable difference.

thunder wrote:
Stout little double-ender and with lifelines, unusual for a boat that
size. Pretty little boat, I like the lines. I wouldn't expect it to be
overly fast, but I would expect you could keep sailing when others are
tied to the dock. Nice boat.

They're great little boats. A friend has a Nordica 21 which is very very
similar.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Shortwave Sportfishing

On 23 Aug 2005 09:04:02 -0700, wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone
with new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a
good elbow rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

She has some nice lines.

It's a non-nonsense displacement hull with a short keel for trailering.

Is there quite a bit of ballast? (maybe not for trailering?)

1,600 pounds. 2900 total weight.

With sufficient ballast, she looks like she'd ride out some very
serious weather.

I was told a couple of heavy weather Lake Michigan stories by my
cousin while we were out there. It seems to like heavy weather and
seems to handle very well.

Neat little boat!

Read the story about the move East. :)

Later,

Tom

Email decoder:

Remove onetwothree, replace with info,
Remove four, replace with swsports,
Remove com, replace with org.
Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

More pictures later - these for now.

This is the Lady Liz ready to leave the yard in Milwaukee.

http://www.swsports.org/images/LadyLiz.jpg

This is Lady Liz and her namesake.

http://www.swsports.org/images/namesake.jpg

More pictures and the story of the move later - got a ton of email and
other stuff to catch up on.

For now, the topsides were all redone, the interior was all redone
with new seat cushions and paint. The hull needs either paint or a
good elbow rubbing with Finesse-It. Don't know yet.

What a beautiful boat! Have a great time with it.

Thank you - I will.

Later,

Tom

Email decoder:

Remove onetwothree, replace with info,
Remove four, replace with swsports,
Remove com, replace with org.

Halman 20 Shortwave Sportfishing General 2 August 16th 05 05:41 AM
Actual sailing content has arrived. Capt. Neal® ASA 68 February 24th 05 11:49 PM
OT package arrived Don White General 32 January 23rd 05 02:54 PM
OT-And Canadian's bag on *our* healthcare system!?! NOYB General 47 March 16th 04 06:06 PM
This arrived in my inbox! Capt.American ASA 1 August 27th 03 05:45 AM