Don White

Default OT package arrived

Thanks Harry...the package arrived this morning.
I read your article on the 'Tug of war in the Gulf of Mexico'. Those
workers, trying to unionize under current conditions, are the real heroes of
the movement.
Makes me think how lucky I was to enter a workforce with a good union
already in place. Sure the struggle to maintain a good contract was a
recurring event, but to start from scratch in a hostile environment...whew!
Those pictures were good for a 3.1 mp. My HP 5.1 don't seem a whole lot
better. Think I rush the shutter...not holding it halfway down long enough
for auto focus, or hold the very light camera steady enough.
I'm used to a heavy older manual Minolta SLR.
As for the 'need to know' info......don't worry, Tuuk etc. couldn't pry it
out of me with a handful of sharpened bamboo sticks.

Don White

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Unfortunately, that effort did not succeed, and conditions have gotten
worse for them since. The corporations simply fired everyone, knowing
that the NLRB during the Bush misAdministration wouldn't uphold labor law.

snip

That's really bad news.......and people wonder why some early unions were
forced to deal with organized crime. When you have both the employer and
gov't against you, an an indifferent public, you accept whatever helping
hand is offered.

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Unfortunately, that effort did not succeed, and conditions have gotten
worse for them since. The corporations simply fired everyone, knowing
that the NLRB during the Bush misAdministration wouldn't uphold labor
law.

snip

That's really bad news.......and people wonder why some early unions were
forced to deal with organized crime. When you have both the employer and
gov't against you, an an indifferent public, you accept whatever helping
hand is offered.

Hehehe. You think organized crime was in it to help the little guy?
Organized crime got involved with labor unions for two reasons: 1) so they
could get their hands on the millions in union money, and 2) so they could
use the unions to strong-arm corrupt politicians into giving their front
companies (construction, waste disposal, etc) lucrative no-bid contracts.

Harry will of course deny it, but union leaders have been bilking the little
guy forever. That's why today, less than 15% of workers are unionized.
They finally wised up to the fact that their dues were finding its way into
the pockets of corrupt labor leaders.

Do you want to know *why* Harry will deny it? Here's why:
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/au...ulli-a29.shtml

And from another website:
" For further information, contact Harry Krause, ULLICO Manager of Corporate
Communications at (202) 682-XXXX. "
..

Calif Bill

NOYB wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

.

ULLICO's Board of Directors cleaned house a long time ago. Not one board
member who participated in the so-called "insider stock deal" and who
hasn't paid back the corporation is still on the board.

So they got to keep the stolen money?

The whole "scandal" involved little more than
chump change, compared to the excesses of Enron, or most of the big-time
drug companies.

In its heyday, the Mafia was an organzation of pikers compared to the
criminal profits many big corporations steal from the public these days.

So it is ok to steal from the members as long as you stay below the amount
that Enron stole?

Don White

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Hehehe. You think organized crime was in it to help the little guy?
Organized crime got involved with labor unions for two reasons: 1) so

they
could get their hands on the millions in union money, and 2) so they could
use the unions to strong-arm corrupt politicians into giving their front
companies (construction, waste disposal, etc) lucrative no-bid contracts.

snip

I understand organized crime's motives. I'm just saying that when you
oppress a group of people long enough, they sometimes resort to desperate
means.

Tuuk

You communists are unemployable,,

That is the reason for your union requirement. You blame the corporations,
the business owners, the government ,, what ever,, now why would a business
owner treat someone who makes him/her money poorly? You idiots think because
you can band together and force the owner out of business that this will
solve problems. You morons created the job shortage problems today, you lazy
union slobs created the job migration today. You dumb morons were so focused
on your own greet that you missed the macro picture, now more labor
cooperative countries are laughing,, yes laughing at the west. You dumb lazy
unionized slobs stabbed your children's grandchildren right in the back.
Because you did have all your contracts, increases, reduced hours, reduced
work load, increased holidays, increased breaks etc etc etc,,, you dumb lazy
union uneducated slobs do not even see that,,, Give your empty heads a
shake..

So,, my original statement is accurate,,, you communists are unemployable,,
in a market driven job environment, without your collective muscle and
disruptive activities, you would starve, you would have to resort to welfare
and allow those who are employable to pay taxes and support you. Just
reading your posts, none of you morons can post a post that isn't off topic.
You morons have to go against the grain even in a newsgroup such as this.
See, like the caller said, you are a small minority and you collectively
muscle together to disrupt things,,, 15% is an accurate figure yet that many
can ruin it for the whole bunch and you dumb ****ing lazy union slobs have
ruined a country to a point where you ignorant ****ers can only blame the
president at this point,,, lol,,, see how totally ignorant and mindless you
totally worthless fat union slobs are??? I bet you don't see it and come
back with a further off topic negative insult towards me to try and take
direct focus off you idiots who both started the problem and ruined things
for everyone,,, including your own children, their children and their
children.

No wonder krause's own children will not even associate with him, they
probably picketed outside the home,,, refused to do dishes or clean their
room, then krause fired them and now they do not associate,,,, lol,,, I bet
there is a connection,,,

NOYB wrote:

Hehehe. You think organized crime was in it to help the little guy?
Organized crime got involved with labor unions for two reasons: 1) so
they
could get their hands on the millions in union money, and 2) so they
could
use the unions to strong-arm corrupt politicians into giving their
front
companies (construction, waste disposal, etc) lucrative no-bid
contracts.

*************

Ohmigosh. How does that compare to a company installing a board member
as VPOTUS
so it could get its hand on billions in government money, or that same
company encouraging the invasion of a third nation so it could receive
a lucrative, no-bid reconstruction contract?
Is that as criminal as "organized crime"?

Don White

" Tuuk" wrote in message
snip load of garbage
,,, lol,,, see how totally ignorant and mindless you
totally worthless fat union slobs are??? I bet you don't see it and come
back with a further off topic negative insult towards me to try and take
direct focus off you idiots who both started the problem and ruined things
for everyone

snip more garbage

Why would anyone want to direct a 'negative insult' at a fine fellow like
you?
I would try to send 'positive' insults that might show you the error of your
ways and encourage you to change.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Hehehe. You think organized crime was in it to help the little guy?
Organized crime got involved with labor unions for two reasons: 1) so

they

could get their hands on the millions in union money, and 2) so they
could
use the unions to strong-arm corrupt politicians into giving their front
companies (construction, waste disposal, etc) lucrative no-bid contracts.

snip

I understand organized crime's motives. I'm just saying that when you
oppress a group of people long enough, they sometimes resort to desperate
means.

Speaking of organized crime, ever seen some of the topics discussed at a
dental convention regarding price fixing and gouging?

I must have missed that convention. Do tell. Which convention did you
attend, Harry?

Calif Bill

Calif Bill wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

So they got to keep the stolen money?

The matters were being litigated. I don't know the status of the lawsuits.

So it is ok to steal from the members as long as you stay below the

amount
that Enron stole?

Have another Bud Lite, Bile.