Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gould 0738

Default Interesting approach to leaking fuel tanks

Just had an article come across my desk that deals with repairing leaking fuel
tanks.

The company that does the repairs pumps the fuel out of the tank, cuts an
access hole, cleans up the suspect areas of the tank with a wire brush, and
epoxies the ruptured spot and the surrounding area.

Cost is supposedly $1500- $1800 per tank, including a "fuel polish".

In some cases, it might beat tearing up an entire boat to replace a tank.

If anybody has an interest in further information, I'll supply the name of the
company and contact information by e-mail.

What anchor should I buy? Ree-Yees General 89 May 22nd 04 09:05 PM
portable fuel tank leaking RB General 3 April 29th 04 07:20 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Fuel sender leaking Donald Camps General 1 October 12th 03 03:24 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM