Gould 0738

Default Interesting approach to leaking fuel tanks

Just had an article come across my desk that deals with repairing leaking fuel
tanks.

The company that does the repairs pumps the fuel out of the tank, cuts an
access hole, cleans up the suspect areas of the tank with a wire brush, and
epoxies the ruptured spot and the surrounding area.

Cost is supposedly $1500- $1800 per tank, including a "fuel polish".

In some cases, it might beat tearing up an entire boat to replace a tank.

If anybody has an interest in further information, I'll supply the name of the
company and contact information by e-mail.

Florida Keyz

Default u gotta be a dumb ass to post political to boats..

sphinters!
basskisser

(Florida Keyz) wrote in message ...
sphinters!

You post something like that, then have the audacity to call OTHERS dumb?!!!!!!

Florida Keyz

see, ....you are!
John H

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
DSK

Default Interesting approach/back to fuel tanks

Jim wrote:
I am surprised at some of the prices quoted here. I had a guy empty out
my old tanks, cut them out with a saw zall ($1000), then made wood box
patterns, replacing my old tanks with modular tanks ($2400) that would
go in/ come out if necessary without any boat butchering.

300 gallons capacity, total $3500. And the new ones are removable.

Seems like the same price for the epoxy patch job.

Cool! Can you tell me how to get in touch with the guy who did this for
you? This is pretty much what I am considering doing myself, but for
$3500 bucks I'd hire somebody else to do it in a heartbeat....

Fair Skies
Doug King

What anchor should I buy? Ree-Yees General 89 May 22nd 04 09:05 PM
portable fuel tank leaking RB General 3 April 29th 04 07:20 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Fuel sender leaking Donald Camps General 1 October 12th 03 03:24 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM