*JimH*

Default Who makes the best...........

.........marine products, including boats, trailers, electronics, navigation,
cleaning supplies, plumbing/sanitation equipment, heating and cooling,
anchors, fishing reels, fishing rods...............you name it....if it is
boating related lets talk about it.

I have always been a fan of Raymarine electronics, including depth sounders,
chart plotters and radar.

For a toilet system nothing beats Vacuflush for efficiency and low noise.

What are your nominees?

Doug Kanter

"*JimH*" wrote in message
........marine products, including boats, trailers, electronics,
navigation, cleaning supplies, plumbing/sanitation equipment, heating and
cooling, anchors, fishing reels, fishing rods...............you name
it....if it is boating related lets talk about it.

I have always been a fan of Raymarine electronics, including depth
sounders, chart plotters and radar.

For a toilet system nothing beats Vacuflush for efficiency and low noise.

What are your nominees?

You must've gotten your hands on some BC Bud or something.

JamesgangNC

Figure he's going to get a radar for his "new" $5k runabout. lol

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"*JimH*" wrote in message
........marine products, including boats, trailers, electronics,
navigation, cleaning supplies, plumbing/sanitation equipment, heating
and cooling, anchors, fishing reels, fishing rods...............you name
it....if it is boating related lets talk about it.

I have always been a fan of Raymarine electronics, including depth
sounders, chart plotters and radar.

For a toilet system nothing beats Vacuflush for efficiency and low
noise.

What are your nominees?

You must've gotten your hands on some BC Bud or something.

Or a west marine catalog.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:09:24 -0400, HarryKrause
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"*JimH*" wrote in message
........marine products, including boats, trailers, electronics,
navigation, cleaning supplies, plumbing/sanitation equipment, heating and
cooling, anchors, fishing reels, fishing rods...............you name
it....if it is boating related lets talk about it.

I have always been a fan of Raymarine electronics, including depth
sounders, chart plotters and radar.

For a toilet system nothing beats Vacuflush for efficiency and low noise.

What are your nominees?

You must've gotten your hands on some BC Bud or something.

Or a west marine catalog.

I have two of them - one in the office and the other is in the
outhouse.
*JimH*

nk.net...

Doug Kanter wrote:
"*JimH*" wrote in message
........marine products, including boats, trailers, electronics,
navigation, cleaning supplies, plumbing/sanitation equipment, heating
and cooling, anchors, fishing reels, fishing rods...............you
name it....if it is boating related lets talk about it.

I have always been a fan of Raymarine electronics, including depth
sounders, chart plotters and radar.

For a toilet system nothing beats Vacuflush for efficiency and low
noise.

What are your nominees?

You must've gotten your hands on some BC Bud or something.

Or a west marine catalog.

Wow, a boating related thread followed by flames. Imagine that.

The 32 footer I sold recently had both Raymarine electronics (chartplotter,
radar and depth finder) and a VacuFlush system.

And yes, we are downsizing on boat sizing.

So what do you own Jamesgang and what sort of electronics do you have on it?
You seem to be an *expert* on boat construction and engines, or so you
claim.

How about you Krause and Kanter? Tell me about your recommendations, sans
insults.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:05:35 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

The 32 footer I sold recently had both Raymarine electronics (chartplotter,
radar and depth finder) and a VacuFlush system.

I have both on the Contender - the C system with an open array antenna
on the radar. I like it a lot actually. I've been thinking of
upgrading to an E system, but I really can't justify the cost.

And yes, we are downsizing on boat sizing.

Get a sailboat. :)
*JimH*

"JamesgangNC" wrote in message
nk.net...
Figure he's going to get a radar for his "new" $5k runabout. lol

"

What makes you think that?

How many years have you been boating Jamesgang? 5? 10?

You come here acting as an expert but I would guess you are nothing but a
little punk 'know it all' with a couple of years of boating experience under
his belt.

I have over 25 years of boat ownership and experience under my belt. We
are downsizing for the present time....32 footer to maybe a 20
footer.....something in the $5k to $10 k range. Is that not good enough for
you Jamesgang? Do you know our present needs or future plans? Do you know
the list of boats I have owned and operated?

I offered this as an interesting thread to boaters. If you, Krause and
Kanter want to make a mockery of it, it speaks loudly of your character.

Carry on.

*JimH*

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:48:12 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

........marine products, including boats, trailers, electronics,
navigation,
cleaning supplies, plumbing/sanitation equipment, heating and cooling,
anchors, fishing reels, fishing rods...............you name it....if it is
boating related lets talk about it.

I have always been a fan of Raymarine electronics, including depth
sounders,
chart plotters and radar.

For a toilet system nothing beats Vacuflush for efficiency and low noise.

What are your nominees?

I will never get the name right unless I check the bottle, but will
post the name of the very best teak restorer on the market...

Would appreciate hearing about the best teak oil....

Raymarine and Furuno get my vote. Icom for radios... though Standard
Horizon is good.

Fishing stuff.... I use the Boaters World website.... they tend to
kick butt with good prices, free shipping, and no tax.... Star and
Penn Rods and Penn and Shimano Reels.

PS
Thanks for the On Topic Post.

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Thanks Gene. It seems "damn if you do and damn if you don't" with some of
these folks here, all hell bent on flaming folks they do not agree with
rather than offering an adult contribution to the thread.

I have found Boaters World to be generally cheaper on boating supply pricing
vs. BoatUS and WestMarine. We have all 3 in our area. I also purchase from
www.boatfix.com if I don not need something immediately.

As far as fishing equipment/lures we normally purchase it during the
Cleveland IX Center Sports, Travel and Outdoor Show as I can find a number
of retailers with competitive pricing.

I have heard nothing but praise for both Penn and Shimano reels.

I have an older Shimano spinning reel and could not be happier with it. We
fish for walleye in the spring and perch/walleye in the fall on Lake Erie.

Harry Krause

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"JamesgangNC" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Hertvik has had the same year of experience 25 times.

who makes it? RB Electronics 1 May 17th 05 07:21 PM
Trapped canoeist uses bacon, makes history Mike McCrea Touring 11 November 27th 03 05:08 PM
5.0L makes a Pop, Pop in the Carb Kevin Boat Building 4 August 2nd 03 04:34 AM