Black-n-Gold

Default Diesel Fuel Additive

As a new diesel engine owner (Volvo KAD32) I'm curious about what additives
folks use (if any). One of the guys in the office swears by the Power
Service brand. Recommendations?

linus

Reynaud

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
As a new diesel engine owner (Volvo KAD32) I'm curious about what
additives folks use (if any). One of the guys in the office swears by the
Power Service brand. Recommendations?

linus
@#@ Been D.mechanic for years find any additive just an scam. Save your
money.The only thing we use is antigel in the winter.

Rey

Ed

Where do you live?
How long will the fuel be in the tank between fills?

In the south, we worry about bio-slime growth if the fuel stays over a
month, in the north they worry about gel, if you don't use the boat
much, you need to worry about deterioration. If you live in the south,
burn a tank a month, and always fill after use then nothing is needed.

Personally, I used to use bio-bor if I didn't plan to burn the fuel for
a couple months. I then switched to Pri-D, now my fuel delivery company
has their own additive that is the same as pri-D so I don't use anything.

Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Boat Building 7 February 19th 04 08:00 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 04:48 PM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM