BoatBanter.com

-   -   Diesel Fuel Additive (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/46867-diesel-fuel-additive.html)

Black-n-Gold August 1st 05 08:03 PM

Diesel Fuel Additive

As a new diesel engine owner (Volvo KAD32) I'm curious about what additives
folks use (if any). One of the guys in the office swears by the Power
Service brand. Recommendations?

linus

Reynaud August 1st 05 09:52 PM

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
As a new diesel engine owner (Volvo KAD32) I'm curious about what
additives folks use (if any). One of the guys in the office swears by the
Power Service brand. Recommendations?

linus
@#@ Been D.mechanic for years find any additive just an scam. Save your
money.The only thing we use is antigel in the winter.

Rey

Ed August 3rd 05 02:01 AM

Where do you live?
How long will the fuel be in the tank between fills?

In the south, we worry about bio-slime growth if the fuel stays over a
month, in the north they worry about gel, if you don't use the boat
much, you need to worry about deterioration. If you live in the south,
burn a tank a month, and always fill after use then nothing is needed.

Personally, I used to use bio-bor if I didn't plan to burn the fuel for
a couple months. I then switched to Pri-D, now my fuel delivery company
has their own additive that is the same as pri-D so I don't use anything.