Default Bum's route back from B.C.

Prepping to get out of town soon on our longest annual cruise- taken
this year in two separate ten-day segments. We'll run north into BC for
the first leg, and return home to do three week's work before
retrieving the boat in late August and heading south again.

Interesting logistics:

First plan was to layover at Heriot Bay, just northeast of Cape Mudge.
Sea plane fare from Heriot Bay to Seattle turned out to be $1000
roundtrip for the two of us.
$1000 is chump change as far as boating expenses go, but its more than
than airfare to London and I just couldn't bring myself to say "yes" to
that number.....

New plan seems promising, will be a seperate adventure, and is a lot
less dough than the $giesel required to fly. It may prove to be a good
option for others in the same boat (awful pun), with a need to return
to Seattle from similar waters. We will leave the boat at Comox, bus a
few miles to Courtney, and catch a train called the Malahat for a
scenic, four-hour train ride from Courtney to Victoria. Overnight in a
fancy hotel in Victoria, and then back to Seattle next day on the Vicky
Clip. Train fare is $15 CAN each person each way, or about $60. All
done, we'll save close to half the airfare, including the stay in the
hotel. :-)

GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Eastman's guide to exposing the 9-11 mass-murder frameup to justify world-domination to an otherwise isolationist American public Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 August 23rd 03 10:54 PM
The Bahamas, Key West and back. LaBomba182 General 1 August 4th 03 01:28 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM