NOYB

Default OT--If all of these groups oppose him...

....then he must be the right man for the job!

Groups who oppose Judge Roberts' nomination:

American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)

Democratic National Committee

Human Rights Campaign
http://www.hrc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=...
"JUDGE ROBERTS THREATENS TO TIP THE COURT TO FAR RIGHT" ... "With the
Roberts nomination, the right to privacy and the future of a fair-minded
Court are in grave danger. Judge Roberts has disputed the right to privacy
laid out in Roe v. Wade, and urged that the case be overruled." ... "Judge
Roberts has advocated for prayer in public schools and for weakening the
wall between church and state." ... "We will be working closely with our
coalition partners to ensure that Judge Roberts gets a thorough vetting."

League of Conservation Voters
http://www.lcv.org
"Environmental organizations will be closely reviewing his record as a
judge, lawyer, and executive branch official. LCV urges the Senate to raise
critical environmental issues during the confirmation process."

MoveOn
http://political.moveon.org/roberts
"Oppose John Roberts' Supreme Court Nomination" .. "the president has chosen
a right wing corporate lawyer and ideologue for the nation's highest court
instead of a judge who would protect the rights of the American people."

National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL)
http://www.naral.org
"Tell Your Senators to oppose anti-choice John Roberts!" ... "there is
little doubt that he will work to overturn Roe v. Wade."

National Organization for Women
http://www.now.org/press/07-05/07-19.html
"NOW Vows to Fight Extremist Court Nominee" ... "Among our many concerns,
Roberts actively opposes Roe v. Wade and wrote several amicus briefs while a
Deputy Solicitor General. In one case where Roe was not even at issue, his
brief offered gratuitously 'Roe was wrongly decided and should be
overruled.'"

Sierra Club
Let the whining begin!

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Typical right wing narrow mind at work again! Thinks that women are
inferior, that we shouldn't do anything to conserve the environment,
and that human rights should be stepped on at every turn. It seems to
me that YOU are the one whining.

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
It seems to
me that YOU are the one whining.

You've misspelled that last word. It should read "winning".

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
It seems to
me that YOU are the one whining.

You've misspelled that last word. It should read "winning".

Yes, you ARE winning the contest for the most narrow minded person on
earth!!

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

You know that newspaper you hate? They're suggesting he's a decent choice.
You might not be comfortable with why they're saying this. Let's see if you
can figure it out.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

You know that newspaper you hate? They're suggesting he's a decent choice.
You might not be comfortable with why they're saying this. Let's see if
you can figure it out.

NY Times? Washington Post? LA Times? There are so many, it would take
more effort than I'm willing to give to figure out which article you're
talking about. Why don't you post the article?

Doug Kanter

k.net...

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

You know that newspaper you hate? They're suggesting he's a decent
choice. You might not be comfortable with why they're saying this. Let's
see if you can figure it out.

NY Times? Washington Post? LA Times? There are so many, it would take
more effort than I'm willing to give to figure out which article you're
talking about. Why don't you post the article?

NYT. Front page today. Your little puppy may have chosen someone who real
conservatives (the ones who haven't been pithed like frogs for a biology
class) feel is credible. By doing this, the puppy may gain some credibility
with people who have recently disowned him.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

k.net...

You said:
"You might not be comfortable with why they're saying this"

So what wouldn't I be comfortable with?

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

k.net...

You said:
"You might not be comfortable with why they're saying this"

So what wouldn't I be comfortable with?

I believe your puppy was forced to compromise. He may have ended up with a
better judge than we expected, but lost because he got someone who doesn't
sound simple. We win, he loses. Not surprising.

NOYB wrote:
[...]

While a lot of people think that abortion is the biggest issue facing
the country- it isn't. Abortions will take place, (and that's most
unfortunate), whether they are legal or illegal and whether they are
conducted in a sterile clinical environment by a doctor or in a college
dorm room by means of a coat hanger. Outlaw abortion and more fetuses
will survive, while a greater number of young adult women will die from
complications. That's a tough choice.

Until more is widely known about this guy, it's too early to whoop and
holla', or moan and wail, due to his stand on the single issue of
abortion. I'm suspect Bush went for about as radical a right winger as
he could ever even hope to get past Congress- but that shouldn't mean
he would automatically be a bad judge.

Besides that, you guys on the right have no dog in this hunt and no
reason to
even be concerned with the politics of the nominee. Remember, its the
right wing that cries out the loudest about "activist judges"
legislating from the bench. Surely you haven't actually meant, all
along, that legislating from the bench would be OK as long as such
legislation was conservative in nature? :-)