Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris

Default downrigger stuff...

I have a couple questions about downriggers (although i've been using them
forever)..

1. going to install a downrigger on my old sunray boat... the back 2-3 feet
of the boat has a top, should I install the rigger further towards the back,
or up close to where the top starts? Note: on one side I've got a ladder,
and the other a trolling motor mount so ideally brining it up from the back
and straight out the side may work best...The ladder does come in a bit, so
I can't mount anything good going straight back. see example below

2. downrigger line - frayed... I notice on this downrigger line I have
there are a couple spots where a single wire in the braid has broken and
frayed. How much of this can I go with before I should put a new line on
it?

example:
T = trolling motor mount
L = ladder
D........ = proposed downrigger mount location

**T**MOTOR**L*
* *
* *
* D.........2ft..........