Default Link to some obserations about a boat

Oh, oh. Here we go again- another boating related post. :-)

(To avoid the outraged screams that I might dare to post comments about
a boat here, as well as the personal insults that inevitably follow, I
will simply provide a link to a site where the comments appear. Those
who view the comments will have made a deliberate effort to do so, and
can't claim that I'm polluting the rec.boats NG.)

To view some comments on the Bayliner 242 Classic Cruiser:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...22423fd39d7e52

Those who would rather not, please don't. Thanks.

ed

Chuck, again I really enjoy reading your article. If I had known you were in
my neck of the woods, you should have let me known, I would have bought you
lunch. Again thanks for the great reading.

Ed
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

JimH will be all over you for daring to post something about boats!!

Not likely. Why would you even begin to think that JimH would be on my
case over this, or anything else? JimH is far too busy making useful
contribtutions to the NG. By his own count, (and what reason would we
have to doubt his word?) his on-topic posts are far more numerous than
most partcipants' here, specifically outnumbering mine by a significant
amount.

Besides, few people would have the 'nads to protest (in this forum)
something posted elsewhere. Someone can justify getting all cranked up
about posting the link, if desired, but if anyone decides to make a lot
of insulting personal remarks in the other forum I have the ability to
simply delete such useless, OT, flaming, crap- and I will. :-)

*JimH*

wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

Liar. Please provide proof that I said that Chuck. I never did, and you
know it.

Besides, few people would have the 'nads to protest (in this forum)
something posted elsewhere. Someone can justify getting all cranked up
about posting the link, if desired, but if anyone decides to make a lot
of insulting personal remarks in the other forum I have the ability to
simply delete such useless, OT, flaming, crap- and I will. :-)

Why the need to throw me into this thread of yours Chuck?

Are you that obsessed with me Chuck that *you* had to turn your own boating
thread into an OT flaming thread.

Pretty pathetic.

??????!

1. If you really want me to google up your comments about your
relatively high number of boating-realted posts, as well as your
comment that those posts specifically outnumber my boating-related
posts I'll try to set aside some time when the more important issues of
the day have been resolved to fiddle with it. May I suggest you not
press this issue? It will come back to bite you on the arse as you'll
surely be reduced to parsing individual syllables in an attempt to
maintain your denial that you ever said you make a relatively high
number of boating posts and that they specifically outnumber my own. I
don't bother keeping a journal of your stuff, so if you're running the
"don't archive" bit to flush the evidence of previous statements I
won't be able to produce the statements- but otherwise, no problem.
None what so ever. I seem to recall once posting "google is not your
friend" or something very similar in response to one of those claims,
so even if I can't remember your exact words I'll soon remember my
response closely enough to track down the exchange. In your position on
this issue, a wise man would stand down.

2. But am I confused, or what? Somebody else says "JimH will be on your
butt for posting a boating item", and I came to your defense stating
first that there should be no reason for anybody to assume you would be
on my butt for something, and secondly that you were too busy making
useful contributions to the NG to bother chasing somebody around the
internet. I repeated your claim (and declined to dispute) that your are
a leading on-topic poster and post more on-topic material than I do.

How is that an "OT, flaming" remark?

What reason would you have to assume that my general statement about
unnamed individuals who might, hypothetically, respond to some comments
about a boat with personal insult was intended to apply to you? Do you
somehow see your own reflection in that generic description? I would be
very curious to know......

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...
??????!

1. If you really want me to google up your comments about your
relatively high number of boating-realted posts, as well as your
comment that those posts specifically outnumber my boating-related
posts I'll try to set aside some time when the more important issues of
the day have been resolved to fiddle with it.

Yes I would like you to google up where I said my "on-topic posts are far
more numerous than most partcipants' here, specifically outnumbering mine
(yours) by a significant amount."

Please show me where I made that specific claim and don't try to weasle out
of it.

May I suggest you not
press this issue?

I am pressing it. Please provide proof I said what you claimed I said.

It really is pathetic that *you* threw me into your thread (I had made no
comment in your thread prior to you bring me into it) and *you* ended up
turning it into an OT flaming thread.

Go figure Chuckie.

Yes, pretty pathetic.

Now spin on Mr. Spinmeister.

*JimH*

Yep. And *he* was the one who turned it OT and did the flaming.

I did not take his little troll until he threw me into it by accusing me of
saying things I never said.

He ruined his own thread when he claimed in his initial post to the thread
that others would.

Time for Chuck to take another break from this place.

"Real Name" wrote in message
Gould,
It looks like you started this thread, so you could throw some barbs at
JimH.

wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

P. Fritz

"*JimH*" wrote in message
Yep. And *he* was the one who turned it OT and did the flaming.

I did not take his little troll until he threw me into it by accusing me

of
saying things I never said.

He ruined his own thread when he claimed in his initial post to the thread
that others would.

Time for Chuck to take another break from this place.

Just another liebral whining about others doing what they themsleves are
guilty of.

"Real Name" wrote in message
Gould,
It looks like you started this thread, so you could throw some barbs at
JimH.

wrote in message
ps.com...

Oh, oh. Here we go again- another boating related post. :-)

(To avoid the outraged screams that I might dare to post comments
about
a boat here, as well as the personal insults that inevitably follow,

will simply provide a link to a site where the comments appear.

Those
who view the comments will have made a deliberate effort to do so,

and
can't claim that I'm polluting the rec.boats NG.)

To view some comments on the Bayliner 242 Classic Cruiser:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...frm/thread/bf8
bbc2222f751d8/cb22423fd39d7e52#cb22423fd39d7e52