HankCoen

Default Portable Tank Problem

I have an Evinrude 9,9 4stroke on a small jon boat. I installed an inline
filter about a year ago between the bulb and the connection to the motor.
it's one of those glass ones that you can replace the filter element. It has
been running fine for the last year. now for some reason the motor runs out
of gas. It uses all the gas in the line (I can see the filter element get
dry) it seems no gas is coming out of the tank. if I squeeze the bulb the
line fills fine. if not it runs dry. This is very strange. I was told it
could be a clog in the line in front of the filter. I figure if this is true
I would have trouble with the bulb also. other people tell me it's the vent
on the tank. I don't think so. What answers you guys out there got for this.
in case your interested the way the inline filter was to keep from replacing
the motor filter and I can see if there is any water in the gas early before
it gets into the motor this way.

Terry Spragg

HankCoen wrote:
[...]

Vapour lock? Boiling gas in the line? With vacuum unvented, boiling
point is lower. Small sucking air leak? I saw a large "air" pocket
in the filter while the electric pump was chattering steadily
instead of clicking occasionally.

Terry K

Best holding tank chemicals. Chuck Baier Cruising 14 April 22nd 04 09:49 PM
Different water tank cleaning problem Ilv2sl Cruising 3 August 10th 03 04:29 AM
cleaning water tank - For Peggie Hall Florida Keyz Cruising 6 August 8th 03 02:52 AM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
Macerator installation WF Cruising 14 July 31st 03 06:41 PM