Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lochawe

Default Boat hap/tarp cleats?

Hi,

I have a 14 foot dijon fishing boat normally kept in garage. This year
we will be leaving it on the loch so decided to make a hap/tarp for it.
We got a strong plastic cover, measured it and put eyelets every foot
or so round edges and threaded 5mm bungee cord through it.

Now the question...

What is the best way to attach it to the boat?

We thought single screw in hooks every foot or so round the gunnels,
but they would twist, then we thought about cleats every foot or so to
strech the bungee down over,

Anyone any ideas, is there a special name for these "hooks"

Kinda new to this so thanks to anyone who can help.

Dave

Bought a Reinel 26' FamilySailor ASA 290 August 11th 04 02:29 PM
What's a good sail boat to buy to live on? Wilfred Johnson Cruising 8 July 7th 04 01:57 AM