Butch Davis

An option would be to increase the number of eyelets around the perimeter
of the tarp. Then use a single long line and weave it through all the
eyelets. The line will now follow the perimeter of the tarp. Then ensure
the perimeter of the tarp falls below the rubrail of your boat but above the
waterline. Draw the rope tight and secure the ends with a proper knot.
You'll want to exercise a lot of caution to absolutely ensure the tarp will
not allow rain to enter the boat. A lot of boats sink at the mooring every
off season.

Good luck.

Butch
"John H" wrote in message
On 28 Jun 2005 03:49:03 -0700, "Lochawe"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a 14 foot dijon fishing boat normally kept in garage. This year
we will be leaving it on the loch so decided to make a hap/tarp for it.
We got a strong plastic cover, measured it and put eyelets every foot
or so round edges and threaded 5mm bungee cord through it.

Now the question...

What is the best way to attach it to the boat?

We thought single screw in hooks every foot or so round the gunnels,
but they would twist, then we thought about cleats every foot or so to
strech the bungee down over,

Anyone any ideas, is there a special name for these "hooks"

Kinda new to this so thanks to anyone who can help.

Dave

I'd go clear under the boat to the other side. Cut some chunks of rope,
put
loops in each end, then bungee cord the ropes to the eyes on the tarp. I
wouldn't make more holes in my boat.
--
John H