Rss

Default Pirahna Hydrofoil

I just purchased a hydrofoil from Pirahna (of composite prop fame) and
I want to mount it on a Volvo SX drive. I'm starting to have second
thoughts about drilling into the cavitation plate and thought I'd ask
if anyone has had experience with not only this foil but with mounting
a foil to a SX drive? All the mainstream foil manufactures have
special mounting plates, pirahna does not, for this drive so I'm a
litle concerned. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rss

Rss

Just to update and close this I decided I did not like the way this
foil needs to be installed. I would have to drop off the bottom part
of the unit just to be able to drill the holes and I'm not willing to
start a project like that during the season, if ever.

Randy

Hydrofoil mounting?? Rich General 6 January 4th 05 11:16 PM
Hydrofoil mounting?? Rich General 0 December 31st 04 09:34 PM
Hydrofoil Conversion SAS Boat Building 0 June 4th 04 02:17 PM
Hydrofoil fin question me Boat Building 5 May 8th 04 04:17 AM
Clamp on hydrofoil??? RG General 1 January 28th 04 02:25 PM