BoatBanter.com

-   -   Pirahna Hydrofoil (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/45562-pirahna-hydrofoil.html)

Rss June 27th 05 10:38 PM

Pirahna Hydrofoil

I just purchased a hydrofoil from Pirahna (of composite prop fame) and
I want to mount it on a Volvo SX drive. I'm starting to have second
thoughts about drilling into the cavitation plate and thought I'd ask
if anyone has had experience with not only this foil but with mounting
a foil to a SX drive? All the mainstream foil manufactures have
special mounting plates, pirahna does not, for this drive so I'm a
litle concerned. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rss

Rss July 5th 05 04:07 PM

Just to update and close this I decided I did not like the way this
foil needs to be installed. I would have to drop off the bottom part
of the unit just to be able to drill the holes and I'm not willing to
start a project like that during the season, if ever.

Randy