Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:18:21 GMT, "Seedy"
wrote:

Thanks for the help. I'm curious though, if you can take them off with a
heat gun can't you put them back on with one?

As Tony said, you can't put them back on with a heat gun - the glue
isn't heat activated.

It's not a hard project to do - I had to replace the decals on my
Ranger last year (the Ranger logo on the gunwales) and light heat
(from a heat gun - a hair dryer won't do it), remove, clean up with a
little acetone (nail polish remover) and replace - took all of 30
minutes start to finish.

*JimH* wrote:
"Seedy" wrote in message
Hi all. I've followed this group for a couple years but never had a
reason to post before. I have a simple problem, the decals on my boat
(Sea Ray) are starting to come off. How do you get them stuck back down?

Thanks.

Seedy.

Decals or hard plastic placards?

He said DECALS.

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
"Seedy" wrote in message
Hi all. I've followed this group for a couple years but never had a
reason to post before. I have a simple problem, the decals on my
boat
(Sea Ray) are starting to come off. How do you get them stuck back
down?

Thanks.

Seedy.

Decals or hard plastic placards?

He said DECALS.

Thank you. I saw that also.

*JimH* wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:45:58 -0400, HarryKrause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:53:18 GMT, "Seedy"
wrote:

Hi all. I've followed this group for a couple years but never had a
reason
to post before. I have a simple problem, the decals on my boat (Sea
Ray)
are starting to come off. How do you get them stuck back down?

If they are decals, then you can get new ones from Sea Ray. Use a
heat gun, remove the old ones and replace them - there is no way to
properly reglue the decal.

If it's a placard type deal, then epoxy will do you fine.

Next time buy a boat without fancy decals. They have no place on a real
boat, anyway.

Sort of like the lack of decals on the side of your modest 25 foot (you
claim it to be a 32 footer) fishing boat Krause?

"Yo Whore"?

Jim, come on. Can you possibly be any more childish?

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

[...]

I'll just bet you can. You seem to be proving it every day here. Good
job. So, what ever happened to your vow to post only on topic, not lie,
call people childish names, or insult?

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
"Seedy" wrote in message
Hi all. I've followed this group for a couple years but never had a
reason to post before. I have a simple problem, the decals on my
boat
(Sea Ray) are starting to come off. How do you get them stuck back
down?

Thanks.

Seedy.

Decals or hard plastic placards?

He said DECALS.

Thank you. I saw that also.

Jeez, then why in the hell would you think placards? I think you are
getting mentally unstable again. You are starting the childish name
calling, lies, and general insults, plus now you are reading one thing,
and thinking another.....

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

[...]

What happened to yours?

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

[...]

Uh, I never, ever said such a thing. If you think I did, well, google
it up, there, Jimmy. You, on the other hand did.... Now, when I prove
I'm not Kevin Noble, will you be man enough to apologize?