Brian Klug

Default Bayliner - Window for 1989 Capri Bowrider?

I'm looking for a replacement for the rear starboard window.

It's a 1989 Capri Bowrider 20.7 with a 5.8 liter I/O.

Does anyone have one, or have any ideas as to where I could find one?

(This is near Annapolis, MD)

Thanks
Bob D.

Ooooooohhhh... Someone said the "b" word. Anyway I have a gross of
starboard rear windows in stock, but they are for a 1989 Bayliner 20.7
Capri bowrider with a 3.8 liter I/O.

Seriously, have with a local canvas shop to replace the window? It will
probably cost less than a new factory replacement, assuming you could even
get one.

My guess is if you bring in the port side for a pattern instead of them
having go out to the boat for measurements, it will be well under $100,
perhaps under $50.

Good luck!

Bob Dimond

n article ,
(Brian Klug) wrote:

I'm looking for a replacement for the rear starboard window.

It's a 1989 Capri Bowrider 20.7 with a 5.8 liter I/O.

Does anyone have one, or have any ideas as to where I could find one?

(This is near Annapolis, MD)

Thanks

Camilo

"Brian Klug" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a replacement for the rear starboard window.

It's a 1989 Capri Bowrider 20.7 with a 5.8 liter I/O.

Does anyone have one, or have any ideas as to where I could find one?

(This is near Annapolis, MD)

Thanks

Is this just flat glass that you need replaced or the frame, etc? If it's
just glass, call up a local auto glass company - they can replace anything
with the proper kind of glass, cheaply and easily. I've had boat glass
replaced that way. Good luck.

Cam

Bob D.

Damn,

Sometimes I am soo stupid. I never considered it was part of the windshield.

Cam is right. Or, if worse comes to worse, use a piece of lexan and cutto
fit yourself. Draw the pattern over masking tape, then use a jigsaw to
cut.

Bob "never said I was smart" Dimond

In article , "Camilo"
wrote:

"Brian Klug" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a replacement for the rear starboard window.

It's a 1989 Capri Bowrider 20.7 with a 5.8 liter I/O.

Does anyone have one, or have any ideas as to where I could find one?

(This is near Annapolis, MD)

Thanks

Is this just flat glass that you need replaced or the frame, etc? If it's
just glass, call up a local auto glass company - they can replace anything
with the proper kind of glass, cheaply and easily. I've had boat glass
replaced that way. Good luck.

Cam

Camilo

"Bob D." wrote in message
Damn,

Sometimes I am soo stupid. I never considered it was part of the

windshield.

Cam is right. Or, if worse comes to worse, use a piece of lexan and cutto
fit yourself. Draw the pattern over masking tape, then use a jigsaw to
cut.

Bob "never said I was smart" Dimond

Well Bob, it's only because of the BTDT phenomenon that we're "smarter than
you". The DIY with Lexan you mention above will certainly work. I once
re-created a very close facsimile of an entire walkthru windshield (the
entire thing) for an aged Hewescraft hull with A/C plywood and plexiglass
and hand tools. Without bragging, I was actually able to finish it so it
looked very acceptable (hey the whole boat was kinda rough) and worked
perfectly for many, many years. I know that Lexan is tougher than
plexiglass, but I do believe it might share some of the shortcomings. At
the cost of glass from the type of shop I mentioned, I would recommend using
real glass if it would match the rest of the windshield. I think it's a
pleasantly surprisingly cheap boat fix (like $25 - cheap, in the grand
scheme of boat expenses!), and you won't tell the difference from OEM.
Plus, in my experiences those glass shops, at least around here, know how to
deal with the seals and can replace that sort of stuff too.
Cam

Brian Klug

Is this just flat glass that you need replaced or the frame, etc? If it's
just glass, call up a local auto glass company - they can replace anything
with the proper kind of glass, cheaply and easily. I've had boat glass
replaced that way. Good luck.

It's ALMOST flat. But not quite -- thats the problem.

The frame would be great, but I would settle for just glass. You
think a glass shop could deliver slightly curved glass like I need?

full enclosure, zipper sides or maybe even tent for 99 Bayliner Capri 18 foot [email protected] General 2 November 23rd 03 03:16 PM
Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri news.verizon.net General 7 October 14th 03 02:53 AM
Bowrider Split Window Himm General 10 August 7th 03 02:34 AM
Engine Options '89 Bayliner Capri Rpk General 1 July 25th 03 02:53 AM