Frederick Burroughs

Chris Guynn wrote:

Have you ever considered strapping a tank to your back and checking out what
the surface of the water looks like from the other side? You might be
amazed. I've got limited kayaking experience, but I'd much rather swim with
the fishes.

Never had the pleasure, largely because I don't get the chance.
Closest I got was snorkling in Key West. The rivers where I live are
very low volume, as in knee deep at best during the summer. Canoe and
kayak are best suited for the local aquatic niche. Scuba classes are
held in some of the local abandoned rock quarries, all on private
land. Much of the river banks snuggle up to National Forest, open to
public use and camping. So, I take advantage of what's in my backyard.
I can be on either the North or South Fork of the Shenandoah River
within 10 minutes from my home.

--
"This president has destroyed the country, the economy,
the relationship with the rest of the world.

- Hunter S. Thompson, speaking to an antiwar audience in 2003.

Chris Guynn

"Frederick Burroughs" wrote in message
Chris Guynn wrote:

[...]

I lived within 15 minutes of the headwaters of the Nantahala in NC. I
enjoyed my limited kayaking, but I'd still rather travel farther to watch
the fish in their natural habitat. :-)

Are there Conservative Kayakers? donquijote1954 General 41 September 9th 05 03:16 PM
Kayakers as Terrorists Bobo General 34 August 8th 04 01:37 PM
OT Conservative pigs! What do you think NOW? basskisser General 0 May 20th 04 05:27 PM