Matthias Voss

Chris Guynn wrote:

Have you ever considered strapping a tank to your back and checking out what
the surface of the water looks like from the other side? You might be
amazed. I've got limited kayaking experience, but I'd much rather swim with
the fishes.

Did, do both.
Kayaking is great, for the sport itself, for the social aspects, for the
nature experience.
There is wildlife and calmness above the surface, too.
You can take a small tent, mat, sleeping bag, something to cook, it,
catch fish, and vanish into wildlife. Only to meet dozens of others
doing the same, sometimes ;-)

Unfortunately there are not yet real camo kayaks. Too difficult melting
with the surface.

Matthias

PS: we take minor scuba equipment to learn rolls ;-)