Mark

Default Fuel pump question

I recently purchased a boat with a mercruiser stern drive. The carb fuel
inlet has a T with a fuel line feeding back to another T on the inlet side
of the fuel pump. With this loop it seems like it compromises the fuel pump.
Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
Mark

DSK

Mark wrote:
I recently purchased a boat with a mercruiser stern drive. The carb fuel
inlet has a T with a fuel line feeding back to another T on the inlet side
of the fuel pump. With this loop it seems like it compromises the fuel pump.
Anyone know about this?

Is there a thingamajig that looks like it might be a small in-line
spring-loaded valve in this line, or perhaps built into one of the T's?

What you describe is a very common way of regulating fuel pressure
delivered to the carbs.

Fair Skies
Doug King

Mark

There IS a little Valve thing, Thanks. I will try to clean it or replace it.
I installed a new fuel pump but it still is not drawing fuel from the tank.
The boat had been sitting 4 years with gas in it. I replaced the carb, fuel
& water pumps and fuel filter. It fires off but is not running yet. 1964
Starctaft Chieftain, 800 hours, 110 HP

Thanks again