Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ree-Yees

Default Thanks all it was just the connections! Possible leak question too.

I bought a Starter/Deep cycle combo with 800CCA and a brush to clean the
battery connectors. I cleaned the connectors and the boat started fine with
my old 575 CCA deep cycle battery. I replaced it with my new battery and Im
keeping the old in the boat for backup.

Took her out for an hour and all is running beautifully.

Leak question: Ever since I got the boat when you step down about 3 inches
into the cuddy area (just has the bed thing)the floor was damp. Previous
own said that it was always damp and thay he never figured out why. Well I
did.

When you pull the boat up out of the water if its still at a slant and you
take the back plug out all is fine. If you pull the boat up onto a forward
slanted surface, before you take theplug out you can see a little trickle
stream of water coming into the cuddy area from where it meets the deck of
the boat. I would assume this isnt supposed to happen and that it just be a
leak right there from the water that the plug releases. Can I just cauk
that up with something?

I can take some pics of the area Im talking about tomorrow. I'll try to
pull the carpet back tomorrow too and investigate further.

'87 sea ray seville 19 foot
--Cameron