Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Just another potential new boat owner

First, a dumb question (I know, there are no stupid questions, only
stupid people): What is a cuddy cabin?

Second, I'm looking at getting a boat for next season.

I'd like to spend under 10,000 TOTAL -- including registration,
insurance, fuel, launching, etc. Which means that the practical limit
is around 8K for a used boat, with 1K to outfit it with "stuff" -- life
vests, cheap skis, etc. Or a 3K boat and a season at the marina.

I have a lot of sailing and boating experience in California, mostly in
lakes, with some costal sailing experience also.

I live near Lake Michigan, so I am thinking Deep V or modified Deep V
for a hull type. I expect to take up to seven passengers (including me)
skiing, and a smaller number on overnight coastal trips. That means a
practical minimum of about 18' I think. My tow vehicle (Durango) is
limited to 4500 lbs, so that limits me to 23' max. I want it to be
seaworthy (i.e., safe), can pull novice skiiers and tubers, and --
ideally -- be capable of cruising 70 miles across Lake Michigan to
Chicago.

I'm not interested in Bayliner. OK I'm interested, but I know better.
Sea Ray and Chris Craft seem to be popular brands I know.

How should I do this?

Third, what is the value of these online boating classes?

Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads? Jay Chan General 32 August 4th 03 08:16 PM
Priming a jet boat? Ragdoll General 15 July 31st 03 05:02 AM
Replacing part of the boat floor.... HELP!! [email protected] General 6 July 29th 03 10:46 PM
Boat illegally docked? Chuck Tribolet General 5 July 11th 03 10:52 PM
Composite flooring on pontoon boat? Calif Bill General 3 July 1st 03 03:42 AM