Harry Krause

Default Just another potential new boat owner

Rural Knight wrote:

"Donny" wrote in message
news
Dude, follow my lead, there are PLENTY of nice older boats out there,
you just have'ta find 'em. We did, so can you. I wallowed in the boat
search sites for almost a year until I concluded that most are not
good deals at all.

Our total budget was right around what yours is, and we haven't come
close to it yet, and are cruising, fishing, and having a GREAT time on
Lake Champlain.

Granted, my 9'6" beam would be a problem for a non-professional driver
to take down the road, but it hasn't proved so for us, yet. (It might
later, depending on if I decide to actually permit it!)

I was just going to ask how you got away with that. ;)

Our Parker 2520XL has a 9'6" beam. I don't like pulling a trailer, but I
have hauled the boat about a bit. It's not a problem. If I were going to
haul the boat around regularly, I'd get a permit from the State of
Maryland, but the place where we keep the boat is so convenient, I'm
thinking of selling off the new trailer.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.