Mickey

Default 1986 100HP Comm...It lives!

Thanks Jim

I finally had some time off of work to get my 100 hp Comm Johnson put back
together. As I said in a previous post I screwed up the disconnecting and
connecting of the shift rod. After working on my ole 1973 850E Merc I
thought that all outboards were designed to be hard to work on. Broken shift
linkage bushing replaced along with rebuilt carbs, water pump, thermostats,
all new rubber hoses ( the 1/16th hose is hard to find) and the Holley
"blue" electric fuel pump. I started the engine on Saturday and it ran just
fine not having to prime the pump at all the only thing that had tripped me
up is the kill switch that I don't have a key for. I have one coming
tomorrow but I fouled the plugs in the process talk about a learning curve.
I can't wait to take my boat out now and see how the new power plant works.
I put this motor on a 1973 15" 5" Thunderbird Tri-hull that is still in
great shape with a 15X17 prop what do you think the top end will produce?
With a 14X17 on the ole Merc the best I saw was 28 mph which was a real
yawn, I'll be all smiles with anything over 40 mph!

Thanks also to the folks at Boatingsolutions.com as the local bandits charge
more than twice as much for most of the parts I ordered.. I live in a small
town on the coast of California that is behind the Redwood curtain and the
local guys stick it to us.

Long live the group, Boat On dudes!

Mick

30 June...not likely...Bremer Tuuk General 5 April 20th 04 12:30 AM
1986 100hp Johnson VRO Mickey General 0 March 17th 04 05:31 PM
OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM