____m___~¿Ô___m____

Default Wiring Confusion... Help!

Gary Warner wrote:

"Douglas St. Clair" wrote in message
Thanks Gary!

What you described makes perfect sense. I printed out your post and took

it
out to the boat for comparison. The only difference I found is that the
wire from my alternator is not fused prior to the ammeter. Should I put

one
in? If so, what amperage?

I don't think a fuse is required there. I just decided to do it on the
"what
can it hurt" theory. I really don't know what size fuse to use there.
That's
a question I have myself.

Normally that is the reason for a "fuselink" from the battery positive post.
It's not the amps that are put out from the alternator that cause the damage
of a short, it's the amperage potental of the battery that needs
disconnected quickly by blowing the fuselink open at the battery.

--
__________m___~¿Ô___m____________________________
Gary Warner

"____m___~¿Ô___m____" wrote in message

Normally that is the reason for a "fuselink" from the battery positive

post.
It's not the amps that are put out from the alternator that cause the

damage
of a short, it's the amperage potental of the battery that needs
disconnected quickly by blowing the fuselink open at the battery.

I don't understand what you mean by amperage potential of the battery. Do
you
mean the power is it capable of delivering TO the fuse panel if there was
ever
some big draw there (like a short) ??

____m___~¿Ô___m____

Gary Warner wrote:

"____m___~¿Ô___m____" wrote in message

Normally that is the reason for a "fuselink" from the battery positive

post.
It's not the amps that are put out from the alternator that cause the

damage
of a short, it's the amperage potental of the battery that needs
disconnected quickly by blowing the fuselink open at the battery.

I don't understand what you mean by amperage potential of the battery. Do
you
mean the power is it capable of delivering TO the fuse panel if there was
ever
some big draw there (like a short) ??

That is correct. The battery stores more amps.
--

RPM's / Tach question Don General 22 April 17th 04 04:23 AM
1954 Evinrude 25hp Wiring Jak General 4 April 6th 04 09:28 PM
Battery Disconnect Switch (wiring) Matt General 1 September 20th 03 03:26 PM
Suzuki wiring diagram Nig General 0 August 26th 03 09:47 PM
battery wiring... Fat Bass General 4 July 20th 03 05:31 PM