NOYB

Default The Call Came...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

OK...let me get this straight: We have a president who (among other

tricks)

OK, you've completely lost me on this one. I'm looking up the spelling

of
"tangential".

I don't recall ever seeing that quote, I have no idea of the context --
which is crucial with a GW quote, as you're well aware -- and I can't

see
any way that it is relevant to my comments. maybe it's the Easter ham.

I don't celebrate Easter, so no ham today. I had fresh trout for dinner,
baked with a sprinkling of fresh wild garlic from alongside the stream

where
I caught the fish. If my mother was right, all that fish makes me a genius
for another day.

Here's the quote you say you never saw. I provided it for you 3 messages
back:

"Those of us who spent time in the agricultural sector and in the

heartland,
we understand how unfair the death penalty is." George Bush, Omaha, Neb.,
Feb. 28, 2001

I can appreciate how context may affect the meaning of words. So,

enlighten
me. Provide a LIKELY context in which this statement would NOT sound like
GWB was pandering to the audience in front of him at the moment.

OK Doug. In typical liberal fashion, a portion of that quote was removed to
fool liberals into believing Bush was pandering to an audience.

Here's the original quote:
"And those of us who have spent some time in the agricultural sector and in
the heartland, understand how unfair the death penalty is -- the death tax
is, and we need to get rid of it. "

He misspoke...and then corrected himself. The quote was about the "death
tax"...not the "death penalty".

Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0010228-4.html

Feel stupid now that you were duped so easily by the liars on the Democratic
websites?

NOYB

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Bush immediately followed up the quote with this statement:

"I don't want to get rid of the death penalty -- (laughter) -- just the
death tax. (Applause.) "

NOYB

Doug,
Click on the "Listen to the President's Remarks" link. Fast forward to
about the 15:45 mark of the speech (which is a little over 21 minutes long)
and listen for yourself.

Aren't you ashamed to align yourself with a party which would would
purposely lie about and distort a person's words in order to deceive the
citizens of this country?

Which partisan website was the source of your misquote?

John Gaquin

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Here's the quote you say you never saw. I provided it for you 3 messages
back:

No, no, Doug, you missed my point. I meant I had never seen the quote
*before*, in proper context. I did, of course, see it in your post, but
couldn't -- and still can't -- figure how that quote would relate to my
earlier comments.

Of course, it's all moot, now that Noyb has provided the full, accurate
quote in context.

John Gaquin

Thanks for the source, Doc.

NOYB

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

Thanks for the source, Doc.

Want a simple way to fight liberal propaganda? Just point them to the
truth.

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

OK...let me get this straight: We have a president who (among other

tricks)

OK, you've completely lost me on this one. I'm looking up the spelling of
"tangential".

I don't recall ever seeing that quote, I have no idea of the context --
which is crucial with a GW quote, as you're well aware -- and I can't see
any way that it is relevant to my comments. maybe it's the Easter ham.

Context? Dubya? What's the point...he's lost in space.
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Uh-huh...making excuses for the Presidunce again, eh?
Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

[...]

OK. Let's try this hypothetical version:
"And those of us who have spent some time in the automotice manufacturing
sector, understand how unfair the death penalty is -- the death tax is, and
we need to get rid of it. "

Or this:
"And those of us who have spent some time in the commercial fishing sector,
understand how unfair the death penalty is -- the death tax is, and we need
to get rid of it. "

Pandering.