Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mike hicks

Default alpha drive shift cable replacement

So, it looks like I'm going to have to change the shift cable on my
Alpha drive. No amount of adjusting will let it go from forward to
reverse and engage the clutch. I've ordered the cable kit and the
special socket to get the nut and I've read up on the procedure (I have
the Selock manual + online stuff). Anyone have any thoughts on what I
should look out for during this operation? How much cursing and
unhappiness am I facing here?

alpha shift mike hicks General 1 March 8th 04 03:07 AM
Alpha vs. Bravo Jay General 11 March 3rd 04 11:55 AM
Alpha One Upper Shift Shaft Seal Tan PS General 3 January 29th 04 09:57 AM
1968 Mercury 650 stuck in forward Mark Wynkoop General 8 October 14th 03 07:57 PM
How to Detach Shift Linkage to Lower Unit ReevesJ32 General 0 July 21st 03 04:23 AM