SBT

Default alpha drive shift cable replacement

I don't know if this will shed any more light on it, but it has a lot of
detail: http://sterndrive.cc/sterndrive-tech...techguides.htm -
the shift article

"mike hicks" wrote in message
So, it looks like I'm going to have to change the shift cable on my
Alpha drive. No amount of adjusting will let it go from forward to
reverse and engage the clutch. I've ordered the cable kit and the
special socket to get the nut and I've read up on the procedure (I have
the Selock manual + online stuff). Anyone have any thoughts on what I
should look out for during this operation? How much cursing and
unhappiness am I facing here?