Gary Warner

Default A Second Look at the Greeneville Collision

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
"Gary Warner" wrote:

:I'll first admit that I have no military experience, no experience being

the
:captain of a large vessel much less a sub, etc., etc. So maybe my

uninformed
:thoughts are totally off base.

It is.

Oh, thanks Freddie, for your enlightening comment. Have anything of value to
add??

Specifically, do you disagree that the skipper of the sub - as long as he is
in command - is
ultimately responsible for what that sub does?? Or do you have some great
knowledge
or argument that puts blame on higher ranking officials just because they
are on the boat
but not in command??

Fred J. McCall

"Gary Warner" wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
.. .
: "Gary Warner" wrote:
:
: :And I realize
: :that in drills you want to get as close to the real thing as
ossible...but
: :I'm sure they don't really shoot live war-heads either. So why not a few
: ings to hear where the boats are??
:
: Because you train like you fight. Otherwise you're just playing games
: and wasting time and money. And yes, sometimes they really do shoot
: live warheads.
:
:That's a load of crap.

No, you're a dip****.

:Are you telling me people training in tanks have to really
:shoot other tanks that have real people in them?

If you can point to where I said that, then I guess I'm telling you
that. Of course, if you can point to where I said that, you're
hallucinating pretty freely, but that's your problem.

:Are you telling me that to
:train for deploying nuclear missiles from a sub they have to shoot live
:nuclear
:missiles?

See above.

:Are you telling me that marksmen have to shoot live human targets
:to be sure that they are up to the job when the time comes??

You really don't know **** about serious CQB training, do you?

:Of course not.

Oh, of course not. It's all done on video games.

Stupid ******.

plonk

--
"Now I'm hiding in Honduras.
I'm a desperate man.
Fred J. McCall

:
: "Gary Warner" wrote:
:
: :I'll first admit that I have no military experience, no experience being the
: :captain of a large vessel much less a sub, etc., etc. So maybe my uninformed
: :thoughts are totally off base.
:
: It is.
:
:Oh, thanks Freddie, for your enlightening comment. Have anything of value to
:add??

That seems to pretty much cover it.

:Specifically, do you disagree that the skipper of the sub - as long as he is
:in command - is ultimately responsible for what that sub does??

That depends.

:Or do you have
:some great knowledge or argument that puts blame on higher ranking officials
:just because they are on the boat but not in command??

Yes, I do. Compared to you, I'm bloody nearly omniscient. Hell,
compared to you, my DOG is exceedingly knowledgeable.

--
You have never lived until you have almost died.
Life has a special meaning that the protected
Gary Warner

"Fred J. McCall" wrote:

No, you're a dip****.

If you can point to where I said that, then I guess I'm telling you
that. Of course, if you can point to where I said that, you're
hallucinating pretty freely, but that's your problem.

You really don't know **** about serious CQB training, do you?

Oh, of course not. It's all done on video games.

Stupid ******.

plonk

Fred,

Your comments contain some wit, lots of hostility, and nothing else but
insults. You have said nothing of substance about the discussion at hand.
Would you care to add anything useful or enlightening or is it enough for
you to pretend that insulting someone over the internet makes you a Big Man?

Gary