BoatBanter.com

-   -   This newsgroup has (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/38881-newsgroup-has.html)

SallyRd May 24th 05 09:22 PM

This newsgroup has

19% posts regarding boating/marine, and the rest about anything else

I just luv it!

[email protected] May 24th 05 09:26 PM

SallyRd wrote:
19% posts regarding boating/marine, and the rest about anything else

I just luv it!

Of course you do, Smithers.

The Snapper Trapper May 24th 05 11:01 PM

grin,
Kevin,
You are seeing Smithers everywhere you look.

wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* May 24th 05 11:32 PM

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/...s/smithers.jpg

John H May 25th 05 12:01 AM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:01:39 -0400, "The Snapper Trapper"
wrote:

grin,
Kevin,
You are seeing Smithers everywhere you look.

wrote in message
oups.com...

SallyRd wrote:
19% posts regarding boating/marine, and the rest about anything else

I just luv it!

Of course you do, Smithers.

....and black helicopters...?

--
John H
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes (A true binary thinker!)

John H May 25th 05 01:10 AM

wrote:

grin,
Kevin,
You are seeing Smithers everywhere you look.

wrote in message
groups.com...

SallyRd wrote:

19% posts regarding boating/marine, and the rest about anything else

I just luv it!

Of course you do, Smithers.

...and black helicopters...?

"Smithers" is more than an individual. It is also is part of a word form
(Smithers, Smithering, Smithered, et cetera) that describes individuals
posting here with multiple and wildly different IDs, or posting with the
IDs of others, et cetera, and also the disease such activity causes.

When we've been smithered, we've been dumped upon by a jerk or group of
jerks who are using dozens of multiple identities to disrupt the newsgroup.

Thus, when some pest is referred to as "Smithers," it really no longer
matters if it is the "original" Smithers or one of the several
ejaculates who thought it was cute to behave that way and decided to
follow in the obnovious one's footsteps, as it were.

Don't break your arm, Harry.

Jack Goff May 25th 05 01:53 AM

"Harry.Krause" wrote:

When we've been smithered, we've been dumped upon by a jerk or group of
jerks who are using dozens of multiple identities to disrupt the

newsgroup.

Wow! We were just smithered again by a jerk that uses multiple email
addresses to disrupt this NG. He generally goes by the moniker Harry
Krause.

Jack

bb May 25th 05 02:06 AM

wrote:

"Smithers" is more than an individual.

Why don't you shove it up your Smithers, Krause?

bb

Falky foo May 25th 05 02:39 AM

The only thing worse than the off-topic posts are the posts complaining
about the off-topic posts.

NOYB May 25th 05 03:23 AM

"SallyRd" wrote in message
19% posts regarding boating/marine, and the rest about anything else

I just luv it!

It was actually 20% before your off-topic post.

But guess what!

If you used "OT" in your subject line, then people who filter "OT" can read
about nothing but boats.