BoatBanter.com

-   -   This newsgroup has (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/38881-newsgroup-has.html)

[email protected] May 26th 05 10:56 PM

Oh. Name-calling is good behavior as long as *you* aren't the
recipient?

Come on, Chuck! You were complaining about the group in general just
recently.

********

First point, it's not directly my business if I'm not the target.
Correct. It's between the people involved.

Second point, correct. It gets tiresome wading through the name calling
and juvenile attack posts from all sides.

Nobody can stop all of it, but we each can stop a very certain part of
it, should we choose to do so.

*JimH* May 26th 05 11:33 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh. Name-calling is good behavior as long as *you* aren't the
recipient?

Come on, Chuck! You were complaining about the group in general just
recently.

********

First point, it's not directly my business if I'm not the target.
Correct. It's between the people involved.

Second point, correct. It gets tiresome wading through the name calling
and juvenile attack posts from all sides.

Nobody can stop all of it, but we each can stop a very certain part of
it, should we choose to do so.

Why not just admit JohnH is correct and move on? Otherwise it looks like a
typical spin on your part.

The game is over.

John H May 27th 05 12:04 AM

On 26 May 2005 14:56:18 -0700, wrote:

Oh. Name-calling is good behavior as long as *you* aren't the
recipient?

Come on, Chuck! You were complaining about the group in general just
recently.

********

First point, it's not directly my business if I'm not the target.
Correct. It's between the people involved.

Second point, correct. It gets tiresome wading through the name calling
and juvenile attack posts from all sides.

Nobody can stop all of it, but we each can stop a very certain part of
it, should we choose to do so.

Chuck, who called you the names that prompted your post in the first place?

--
John H
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes (A true binary thinker!)

[email protected] May 27th 05 12:51 AM

Why not just admit JohnH is correct and move on? Otherwise it looks
like a
typical spin on your part.

The game is over.

*********
I already addressed John H's comment more accurately than a simple
"your're correct" or "you're full of crap" could accomplish.

As always, "spin" on my part is making a good case for something with
which you disagree.
Why not just admit I'm right, and move on? :-)

Jack Goff May 27th 05 02:22 AM

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Jack Goff wrote:
Maybe this NG is about to turn a corner? Into being a *boating* NG.

Jack

If it did, Jackoff, where would you be? You're not a "boating content"
contributor here.

This, from the King of OT posts, and name-callers? Heh, heh, heh... you'd
be lost, Krause. That's why you're fighting the normalization of this NG
tooth and nail, huh? You'll lose the NG litterbox that you crap in daily.

Counting this post, my on-topic percentage in the last 30 days is 25% (1 of
4). What's your's Krause? Is it even 2%? Doubtful. Do you even own a
boat?

Jack