Junior Member

Default Outboard trolling motor bracket for sunfish

Help! I want to use my Sunfish as a dingy at my dock. I have affixed the trolling motor to the back metal plate using bungee cords in the past. It worked but it is not very relaxing in case I hit a rock. I bought an Old Towne canoe outboard bracket but it had to stick off the side in the middle and the boat went in circles. My latest thought is to lay a paddle across the stern, tied down with bungees running under the Sunfish, with the motor clamped onto the paddle head on the side. Any suggestions please?
Rus

I need a 100.00 dingy, and will trade 16ft snipe with trailer for one....
"Red Cloud®" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:58:46 +0100, nancy thompson
wrote:

Help! I want to use my Sunfish as a dingy at my dock. I have affixed
the trolling motor to the back metal plate using bungee cords in the
past. It worked but it is not very relaxing in case I hit a rock. I
bought an Old Towne canoe outboard bracket but it had to stick off the
side in the middle and the boat went in circles. My latest thought is
to lay a paddle across the stern, tied down with bungees running under
the Sunfish, with the motor clamped onto the paddle head on the side.
Any suggestions please?

Find a cheap dinghy. A sunfish makes a lousy dinghy, and when ( I said

when, not
if! ) it capsizes with a battery aboard, you will see the folly of this
mis-application of technology. In areas with a lot of boating, you can

usually
clap your hands and several $100 dinghys will come running.

rusty redcloud