news.redshift.com

Default Motor won't go in gear

Of course AFTER I've done some work. I re-upholstered the boat, and am
putting the throttle / linkage back on and I can't shift forward or reverse,
If I disconnect the "gear" cable, the throttle one works. There are two
holes per connection that the cable end can connect to. I've tried all
combiations. I'm wondering if perhaps the motor is not all the way down,
there is some kind of safety feature that won't allow it to go ingear (
however, I've never had a problem doing this in the past.

I have a volvo 140 I/O, can't remember the outdrive size

I'm going to go out after breakfast and try to extend the shaft and see what
happens.

Thanx!
Mike

gear linkage adjustment 1995 Force tcoop General 2 October 16th 03 10:09 AM
SternDrive Gear ratios General 5 October 4th 03 12:35 AM
Put into gear = Engine shuts down? Tony Thomas General 2 July 20th 03 12:19 AM
Need ring gear or specs for 1995 PCM 5.8 Pro Boss [email protected] General 6 July 10th 03 07:18 AM
OMC 225 idles fine in Neutral, stalls in gear. Why? K W General 0 July 9th 03 05:13 PM