Doug Kanter

Default (OT) Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry (Sorry John H)

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Should have said, "...nor am I using it to support my Presidential
run." But, only one as astute as yourself would have caught it!

Using it? I suspect that if the public, the press and his idiot opponent
didn't encourage him to discuss the issue, he wouldn't bother with it.
Military service is a non-issue for a president.

Did Bush bring up Kerry's Vietnam service, over and over and over?

Mostly, it was you, John. :-) But, both candidates are going to give each
other plenty of bullets to shoot back. It's human nature. They invent
issues, and watch the polls 2 days later to see how the pablum-sucking
public digests these issues. The real issue is not Kerry's presence in
Vietnam, but the fact that he had the gall to disagree with the suits about
whether we belonged in that war, and express that disagreement publicly.
That suggests that there is freedom of speech in this country.

Backyard Renegade

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...
"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Should have said, "...nor am I using it to support my Presidential
run." But, only one as astute as yourself would have caught it!

Using it? I suspect that if the public, the press and his idiot opponent
didn't encourage him to discuss the issue, he wouldn't bother with it.
Military service is a non-issue for a president.

Did Bush bring up Kerry's Vietnam service, over and over and over?

Mostly, it was you, John. :-)

No it was not. Even the most partizan here that listened to any of
Kerrys speechs during the primaries would have heard Kerry, and every
surrogate mention Kerrys service within the very first few lines of
those speeches. Even you must admit, Kerry ran his campaign on it,
until that engineer showed up, go ahead, ignore me on this one, it's
gonna be good...

But, both candidates are going to give each
other plenty of bullets to shoot back. It's human nature. They invent
issues, and watch the polls 2 days later to see how the pablum-sucking
public digests these issues. The real issue is not Kerry's presence in
Vietnam, but the fact that he had the gall to disagree with the suits about
whether we belonged in that war, and express that disagreement publicly.
That suggests that there is freedom of speech in this country.

Doug Kanter

In the end, I doubt it will matter, no more than the gay marriage/civil
union thing matters. Polls indicate that most voters are concerned first
about the economy and the deficit. Perhaps the country is waking up.

Harry Krause

Doug Kanter wrote:
In the end, I doubt it will matter, no more than the gay marriage/civil
union thing matters. Polls indicate that most voters are concerned first
about the economy and the deficit. Perhaps the country is waking up.

What matters is that Bush and his policies and his errors are exposed to
sunlight.
basskisser

John H wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Should have said, "...nor am I using it to support my Presidential
run." But, only one as astute as yourself would have caught it!

Using it? I suspect that if the public, the press and his idiot opponent
didn't encourage him to discuss the issue, he wouldn't bother with it.
Military service is a non-issue for a president.

Did Bush bring up Kerry's Vietnam service, over and over and over?

John H

Hell no, Bush didn't bring it up. He knows that if he did, then Kerry
would bring up HIS fantastic record of service to his country. Why is
it that you think a man that served his country, honorably, in Viet
Nam is terrible, but one who served only PART of his military
obligation, in Alabama, is just GREAT?

jim--

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
John H wrote in message

. ..
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Should have said, "...nor am I using it to support my Presidential
run." But, only one as astute as yourself would have caught it!

Using it? I suspect that if the public, the press and his idiot

opponent
didn't encourage him to discuss the issue, he wouldn't bother with it.
Military service is a non-issue for a president.

Did Bush bring up Kerry's Vietnam service, over and over and over?

John H

Hell no, Bush didn't bring it up. He knows that if he did, then Kerry
would bring up HIS fantastic record of service to his country. Why is
it that you think a man that served his country, honorably, in Viet
Nam is terrible, but one who served only PART of his military
obligation, in Alabama, is just GREAT?

What does either have to do with being qualified to be POTUS? Kerry is the
one that keeps bringing up Vietnam for some reason, as though that means he
is qualified to be POTUS.

John H

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:44:47 -0500, "jim--" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
John H wrote in message

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Thanks! It sometimes gets very difficult to keep my resolutions not to
attempt a conversation with the two most ... in this newsgroup.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
basskisser

John H wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:44:47 -0500, "jim--" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
John H wrote in message

. ..
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I understand you not wanting to have conversations with Jim--, but did
you previously REALLY have conversations with yourself? That's not
good, mentally, and I'm glad you resolved to quit.
basskisser

"jim--" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
John H wrote in message

. ..
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Hmm, so you are saying that it doesn't matter, as far as being POTUS?
I guess that lets Bill Clinton off the hook, THANKS!