Doug Kanter

Default (OT) Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry (Sorry John H)

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Should have said, "...nor am I using it to support my Presidential
run." But, only one as astute as yourself would have caught it!

Using it? I suspect that if the public, the press and his idiot opponent
didn't encourage him to discuss the issue, he wouldn't bother with it.
Military service is a non-issue for a president.

Did Bush bring up Kerry's Vietnam service, over and over and over?

Mostly, it was you, John. :-) But, both candidates are going to give each
other plenty of bullets to shoot back. It's human nature. They invent
issues, and watch the polls 2 days later to see how the pablum-sucking
public digests these issues. The real issue is not Kerry's presence in
Vietnam, but the fact that he had the gall to disagree with the suits about
whether we belonged in that war, and express that disagreement publicly.
That suggests that there is freedom of speech in this country.