steve

Default How to raise rpm in neutral ?

I bought this boat with Force 120 outboard with maybe called Commander
3000 shifter. Could someone tell me how to raise engine rpm in
neutral ?
NOYB

I've only seen two types of shifters. Ones that have a button (either next
to the throttle lever...or in the middle of the hub), and shifters that you
pull out away from the gunwale.

"steve" wrote in message
m...
I bought this boat with Force 120 outboard with maybe called Commander
3000 shifter. Could someone tell me how to raise engine rpm in
neutral ?

RichG

Lots of engines allow you to move the throttle handle forward ( faster)
without engaging the gearing by PRESSING IN on the round pivot point on the
throttle handle. My Yamaha has a black rubber cover.

Others have a "PULL-OUT" process at the same throttle pivot. I'd try
(without the engine running) to pull out and/or push in the pivot of the
throttle handle and see if that allows movement, without hearing the gearing
engage. If either action does, then try it SLOWLY while the engine is
engaged and not pointing at anything, Better yet, do it while you are
running the engine on earmuffs in your drive-way. Don't speed it up too fast
or you could damage the engine itself. RichG
--
RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

p.s. from your email adddress, are you in Houston, TX???

Paul Schilter

Steve,
Rich gave you the answer for revving up the engine from your throttle
control, if you're talking about your idle speed when your throttle is all
the way back then you'd adjust your idle speed via a screw that is by the
linkage, by the carburetor.
Paul

"steve" wrote in message
m...
I bought this boat with Force 120 outboard with maybe called Commander
3000 shifter. Could someone tell me how to raise engine rpm in
neutral ?

The Carrolls

open the throttle
m...