RichG

Default How to raise rpm in neutral ?

Lots of engines allow you to move the throttle handle forward ( faster)
without engaging the gearing by PRESSING IN on the round pivot point on the
throttle handle. My Yamaha has a black rubber cover.

Others have a "PULL-OUT" process at the same throttle pivot. I'd try
(without the engine running) to pull out and/or push in the pivot of the
throttle handle and see if that allows movement, without hearing the gearing
engage. If either action does, then try it SLOWLY while the engine is
engaged and not pointing at anything, Better yet, do it while you are
running the engine on earmuffs in your drive-way. Don't speed it up too fast
or you could damage the engine itself. RichG
--
RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

p.s. from your email adddress, are you in Houston, TX???