Jim.

Default Can it happen here?

Reposted from Alt.sailing.asa

TAKE NOTE ALL POSTERS IN GROUP: alt.sailing.asa
It has been noted by NSP and ISP admins that there are some problems in
yourusenet group.
During last weekend's meeting of the Usenet Cabal (TINC), admins have
noted similar experiences receiving many unwarranted and replicated
reports to our abuse desks. On investigation most of these seem to
involve what would seem to be a currently minor incursion by the "Meow
Army". Should this incursion escalate, we can only wonder how many
invalid complaints would arrive to our already overworked abuse staff.
That Leyland ******* and his ilk are always very careful not to cross
the lines of their respective TOS/AUPs, so we feel your group is totally
wasting our time. It appears that your readers and/or posters are unable
to simply ignore these trolls, and we would urge that a killfile
tutorial should be posted ASAP. We are as I'm sure you understand, very
busy maintaining usenet, and would appreciate not being bothered unless
actual net abuse occurs.

For this reason, we have scheduled a provisional rmgroup cmsg (Remove
Group Control Message) in 14 days time. This will remove alt.sailing.asa
from all newservers worldwide. All comments should be posted in this
thread, which we shall duly consider before removal of this group from
our feeds.

Thank you for your attention.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:58:17 GMT, "Jim." wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

During last weekend's meeting of the Usenet Cabal (TINC),

Damn - I must have missed the meeting memo.

Oh well - as Grand Supreme Numero Uno Overlord of the Usenet Cabal,
they can't do anything without me anyway. :)

Later,

Tom

PS: I don't know if you are aware of this, but for the past couple of
years there has been a strong undercurrent among ISPs and content
providers to severely limit the number of newsgroups on Usenet.

Interestingly enough, this also seems to coincide with the emergence
of the blogosphere and it's ability to contain, organize and
compartmentalize discussion content.

Of the current 34,000 some odd newsgroups, roughly 8% of them are
actually being used as intended - the rest are just a waste of
bandspace. It won't be much longer that Usenet will cease to exist
as we currently know it. And we'll have to pay for access which
should really create some interesting reactions.

Later,

Tom

Yes, it's me

Harry,
Must you always be snipping at my heals? You remind me of a little gnat, be
careful or I will swat you.

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Jim. wrote:
[...]

It's the goal of the "anons," the "smithers," and Christopher K.
Greenhalgh, the netslut.

Bert Robbins

"Italy Anonymous Remailer" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, "Jim." wrote:
[...]

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to post to rec.boats anymore you OT spammer.

If those ****ing meow pussies invade rec.boats you need to stand up fight
them rather than cowering in the corner.

Netsock

"Yes, it's me" wrote in message
Harry,
Must you always be snipping at my heals? You remind me of a little gnat,

be
careful or I will swat you.

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
It's the goal of the "anons," the "smithers," and Christopher K.
Greenhalgh, the netslut.

Krause, are you off your meds again?

You ignorant pin head...have you gone completely insane, or is your
delusional paranoia set in again?

If anybody bears the most responsibility for this groups demise, its you. I
post here about 5 times a week...maybe more when I see I am rattling
you...just like what is happening now... [huge grin]

Go crawl back under that rock you came out of...nobody cares for a pathetic
boatless coward liar.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

Don White

Harry.Krause wrote:

So what would you, our former USMCR fella, do?

Our resident badass jarhead stated once before that a person should go
out and take their beating like a man. I'd expect no less of our Bert.
ah

Info wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, "Jim." wrote:
[...]

Yawn.

rec.boats . . . demolition, or sport group?
--
ah

/\_/|
=0-0=