Dan Krueger

Default WTB: Older Yamaha ignition key assembly

I have a friend who needs a new ignition key assembly circa 1984.
Please email me (no XXX) if you have one. Used is fine. Something
changed so a new one won't work. It's for a newer 225 Yamaha OB that
was fitted with the original rigging.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Krueger

It's a single engine. Will the dual work? Send the link when you put
it up for auction or email me if you want to save the fees. If you
already have the photos I can email them to him.

Dan

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:12:33 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

I have a friend who needs a new ignition key assembly circa 1984.
Please email me (no XXX) if you have one. Used is fine. Something
changed so a new one won't work. It's for a newer 225 Yamaha OB that
was fitted with the original rigging.

Thanks,
Dan

I have one that will shortly hit eBay.... but it is a dual. I judge
from your post that this isn't exactly what he is looking for.

In fact, I will be offering a dual binnacle(704) and dual switch/choke
that are NOS....

Dan Krueger

Gene,

He needs the key switch. I've never had to replace that type of part so
I don't know what is behind the console. If it's like my boat, it's a
simple key switch with a deadman kill switch below it. I'm not sure why
he has to have the old version. He said it was something to do with the
computer in the engine.

Thanks,
Dan

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:49:26 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

It's a single engine. Will the dual work? Send the link when you put
it up for auction or email me if you want to save the fees. If you
already have the photos I can email them to him.

Dan

Dan,

I haven't done the photos, yet, but I hope to get them in the next few
days........

I'll email them ahead of posting to eBay...

Just for a heads-up ....

Binnacle:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessor...69/detail.aspx
I'll take $400.00 for it

Switch:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessor...14/detail.aspx
I'll take $300.00 for it...

Bottom line....
I traded my Yamahas for Suzukis...

Mercury 1, Yamaha 0 Gould 0738 General 8 October 21st 04 03:35 AM
Yamaha 50 hp two cyl. ignition problem george craig Electronics 1 August 6th 04 12:20 PM
20 foot Key Largo 2000CC, Which Motor, Yamaha 150 2 or 4 cycle, Help. Joe General 2 June 7th 04 02:52 PM
Yamaha Outboard Timing help Chris Selwyn-Smith General 4 September 20th 03 01:54 AM
help setting up timing on old yamaha? Chris Selwyn-Smith UK Power Boats 4 September 19th 03 11:08 PM