Default Best 4 stroke 40-50hp engine

Thought I'd post a follow up in case anybody's interested. I feel a
bit flim flammed at the moment ... so what else is new. When I went
back to buy the motor, it turns out the $2566 price is for a 2003
model. Yes it's brand new, yes it's still in the crate with a three
year warranty, but it wasn't for an '04 like I'd asked for. An '04
would cost me another $190 plus $58 for shipping .............. and
yes I went ahead and committed to the '03. It's supposedly the exact
same motor as an '04 with no changes whatsoever. If anyone knows
differently, please let me know ASAP, I'd like to know before I pay
for it and pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
Rick

On Fri, 05 Mar 04, 4:53pm, PhantMan wrote:
Back from the boatshow and I'm told U.S. MSRP is $3190. Didn't see it
in writing though ... but watched the guy look it up in his secret
book ;-) shrug Don't know why he would BS me but, who knows. Anyhow,
if that's right, Canada MSRP is about $245 US dollars less than the US
MSRP assuming the 1.00=1.35 exchange rate.
oh! and I got a better quote at the show ... $2566 (20" shaft, 20hp no
frills model Honda).
Rick

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:52:02 -0600, PhantMan wrote:
Thanks John. Sounds like my dealer knocked off a couple hundered from
the MSRP. With all the calculating he was doing, I was worried he
might be *adding* to it ;-) Anyhow, I'll be getting a second quote
at a boat show this weekend. If I find out the U.S. MSRP for sure,
I'll post it here for comparison.
Thanks,
Rick

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:56:08 -0500, jhwentworth wrote:
The current exchange rate is $US 1.00= $Can 1.35 or $Can 1.00= US 74¢.
That's not exact, but pretty close.
So, Canadian MSRP of $3979 equals $2945 US. I don't know if the MSRP is the
same, adjusted for exchange rate, in both countries. A factor might be any
import duties paid by the US or Canadian importer.

PhantMan wrote:
Thanks habbi,
Do you happen to know the exchange rate offhand (U.S/Canada)?
I'm considering a 20hp (BF20, manual start, 20" shaft) which is shown
at $3979 MSRP (canadian) and wondering how much that is in U.S.
dollars. A dealer here quoted me $2700 U.S. (his price, not MSRP) and
I'm wondering how much he knocked off the MSRP.
Come to think of it, I'm not even sure the MSRP for the two countries
exchange to equal values. Do you know?
TIA,
Rick

trainfan1

PhantMan wrote:

Thanks habbi,
Do you happen to know the exchange rate offhand (U.S/Canada)?
I'm considering a 20hp (BF20, manual start, 20" shaft) which is shown
at $3979 MSRP (canadian) and wondering how much that is in U.S.
dollars. A dealer here quoted me $2700 U.S. (his price, not MSRP) and
I'm wondering how much he knocked off the MSRP.
Come to think of it, I'm not even sure the MSRP for the two countries
exchange to equal values. Do you know?
TIA,
Rick

It sounds like you're doing OK, Rick, especially if you keep that
outboard for a long time - the one year difference will be very small in
15-20-25 years.

Rob