Capt. Matt

Default Electric motor- not trolling motor

This is for the few folks out there that have the electric motors for the
pontoon boats and the like. I am thinking of adding a transom thrust elec.
motor to a tour boat. I'm thinking of one of the models that are very
similar to the fishing trolling motors, but just a bit more thrust and
linked to the existing steering system. If you have one, ANY feedback would
be great!

TIA!
Capt Matt
www.fl-ecotours.com

Calif Bill

"Capt. Matt" wrote in message
.. .
This is for the few folks out there that have the electric motors for the
pontoon boats and the like. I am thinking of adding a transom thrust elec.
motor to a tour boat. I'm thinking of one of the models that are very
similar to the fishing trolling motors, but just a bit more thrust and
linked to the existing steering system. If you have one, ANY feedback

would
be great!

TIA!
Capt Matt
www.fl-ecotours.com

The fishing boat ones are over a 100# thrust. Harold Arneson of Jetboat
fame and Arneson Drives used a pair Mounted on steerable arms on his Turbine
powered Skater for docking, etc. Seemed to work well.
Bill

Capt Frank Hopkins

Hello Matt,
I am partners in a boat rental firm. We have use Ray electric motors on
pontoon boats with great success. The units are trouble free and dependable.
Also quite "renter proof". We have had them run aground, drop the motors off
the back of a boat, (Why they were fiddleing with the mount is anyone's
guess.) and run them dry in a tilted position. The Ray 500 will adequitely
power any size pontoon boat.

http://www.electricboating.com/index.html
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"Capt. Matt" wrote in message
.. .
This is for the few folks out there that have the electric motors for

the
pontoon boats and the like. I am thinking of adding a transom thrust

elec.
motor to a tour boat. I'm thinking of one of the models that are very
similar to the fishing trolling motors, but just a bit more thrust and
linked to the existing steering system. If you have one, ANY feedback

would
be great!

TIA!
Capt Matt
www.fl-ecotours.com

Capt. Matt

Thank you! That is were my search will start... and maybe end!

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
link.net...

Hello Matt,
I am partners in a boat rental firm. We have use Ray electric motors on
pontoon boats with great success. The units are trouble free and

dependable.
Also quite "renter proof". We have had them run aground, drop the motors

off
the back of a boat, (Why they were fiddleing with the mount is anyone's
guess.) and run them dry in a tilted position. The Ray 500 will adequitely
power any size pontoon boat.

http://www.electricboating.com/index.html
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"Capt. Matt" wrote in message
.. .
This is for the few folks out there that have the electric motors for

the
pontoon boats and the like. I am thinking of adding a transom thrust

elec.
motor to a tour boat. I'm thinking of one of the models that are very
similar to the fishing trolling motors, but just a bit more thrust and
linked to the existing steering system. If you have one, ANY feedback

would
be great!

TIA!
Capt Matt
www.fl-ecotours.com

best price/performance deep cycle battery for trolling motor? Evgenij Barsukov General 8 February 14th 04 06:15 AM
trolling motor lybarra General 2 December 24th 03 04:06 PM
Is it ok to run a 24 volt trolling motor on a 12 volt battery to test the motor to see if it actually runs? SDNomad General 5 October 9th 03 07:30 PM
Trolling motor questions CCred68046 General 5 September 27th 03 01:54 AM
Trolling motor on a 21 foot boat? F330 GT General 7 July 31st 03 06:00 AM