BoatBanter.com

-   -   Electric motor- not trolling motor (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3297-electric-motor-not-trolling-motor.html)

Capt. Matt February 23rd 04 01:43 AM

Electric motor- not trolling motor

This is for the few folks out there that have the electric motors for the
pontoon boats and the like. I am thinking of adding a transom thrust elec.
motor to a tour boat. I'm thinking of one of the models that are very
similar to the fishing trolling motors, but just a bit more thrust and
linked to the existing steering system. If you have one, ANY feedback would
be great!

TIA!
Capt Matt
www.fl-ecotours.com

Calif Bill February 23rd 04 03:36 AM

Electric motor- not trolling motor

"Capt. Matt" wrote in message
.. .
This is for the few folks out there that have the electric motors for the
pontoon boats and the like. I am thinking of adding a transom thrust elec.
motor to a tour boat. I'm thinking of one of the models that are very
similar to the fishing trolling motors, but just a bit more thrust and
linked to the existing steering system. If you have one, ANY feedback

would
be great!

TIA!
Capt Matt
www.fl-ecotours.com

The fishing boat ones are over a 100# thrust. Harold Arneson of Jetboat
fame and Arneson Drives used a pair Mounted on steerable arms on his Turbine
powered Skater for docking, etc. Seemed to work well.
Bill

Capt Frank Hopkins February 23rd 04 03:16 PM

Electric motor- not trolling motor

Hello Matt,
I am partners in a boat rental firm. We have use Ray electric motors on
pontoon boats with great success. The units are trouble free and dependable.
Also quite "renter proof". We have had them run aground, drop the motors off
the back of a boat, (Why they were fiddleing with the mount is anyone's
guess.) and run them dry in a tilted position. The Ray 500 will adequitely
power any size pontoon boat.

http://www.electricboating.com/index.html
--
Capt. Frank