Paul Schilter

Default does anyone talk about BOATS here, ever?

Gordon,
Hey, how'd you steal my "blocked sender" list? :-)
Paul

"Gordon" wrote in message
Recipe for Rec.Boats It's called a killfile! Start with H. Krause,
add some Asskisser and stir in some Jim. Then Plonk!
"bajaman" wrote in message
nk.net...
Jesus....I used to come here regularly but quit because of all the lame

ass
political whining that was becoming more and more frequent.
Looks like things are getting WORSE!
How 'bout some talk about BOATS? There are plenty of other forums for

limp
wristed liberal whiners to try and spew their diarrhea in, instead of
rec.boats......
God there are some LOSERS in here.....get a friggin' LIFE!

Jack Redington

Coff wrote:
"bajaman" wrote in message ink.net...

Jesus....I used to come here regularly but quit because of all the lame ass
political whining that was becoming more and more frequent.
Looks like things are getting WORSE!
How 'bout some talk about BOATS? There are plenty of other forums for limp
wristed liberal whiners to try and spew their diarrhea in, instead of
rec.boats......
God there are some LOSERS in here.....get a friggin' LIFE!

I completely agree. Boating-related posts here go almost unresponded
to. I have spent most of my time on other forums where there is still
friendly, helpful, and constructive answers. Places where boaters
still love boating and respect their peers

The answer isn't a kill file, the answer is getting the political
arguements by the inbreds here to take is somewhere else. It is NOT
the obligation of boaters and visitors to this group to "deal with
it". It is the obligation of the (left & right) politicos to take it
elsewhere.

No one is looking in a mirror here. I've been around this NG since
1998, and it used to be I couldn't wait to log in every day and see
what was being discussed. It was awesome at one time. I rarely login
here anymore. No one's crying, it's just a fact. This NG has been
ruined by too many posts and too few contributions on the topic of
boating.

I've seen many times where valuable contributors have had enough and
said so, only to be ridiculed and told where to go. There are many
names from years ago that don't post here anymore, but I see thier
names on other forums, and they are like old friends: On topic and
ready to share.

Coff

Post less, contribute more.

I have found not much to post to as well. Speaking of people who use to
post here but left. There are sailboater that use to post here until the
political exploiters started dumping their trash in volume. He knew a
lot about all sorts of things that had to do with boats and formulas for
hull speed etc etc... Can't recall his name any more. But he may have
vanished around 99 or so. I think he just went by a handle, ie not a
real name..

Capt Jack R..

Drumm Law

Coff: If you can suggest a boating newsgroup where one does not have to put up
with people who really should go back on their medication, I'd appreciate it if
you'd pass the name along.

Steve
Jim--

"Drumm Law" wrote in message
Coff: If you can suggest a boating newsgroup where one does not have to

put up
with people who really should go back on their medication, I'd appreciate

it if
you'd pass the name along.

Steve

Here are some good ones I frequent.

http://my.boatus.com/forum/

http://thehulltruth.com/eve

http://www.boatingabc.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

http://www.goboatingamerica.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

http://boated.com/

#1) I am NOT a limp wristed liberal whiner. I am a born bred raised Republican
conservative. Hunter, fisherman, sportsman, firearm owner, etc...

#2) My 1975 trihull is winterized and sleeping through the cold months
underneath its tarp, outside in my side yard.

#3) Sooooooo, what else is there to talk about?

Butch Ammon

Don White

Same here. I'd need to shovel a path 50 feet long in 40" snow just to get to
my garage where my sailboat sleeps.
It's comfy under it's cover so I leave it alone.

OUCH!!!!!

#1) I am NOT a limp wristed liberal whiner. I am a born bred raised

Republican
conservative. Hunter, fisherman, sportsman, firearm owner, etc...

#2) My 1975 trihull is winterized and sleeping through the cold months
underneath its tarp, outside in my side yard.

#3) Sooooooo, what else is there to talk about?

Butch Ammon

RG

No one is looking in a mirror here. I've been around this NG since
1998, and it used to be I couldn't wait to log in every day and see
what was being discussed. It was awesome at one time. I rarely login
here anymore. No one's crying, it's just a fact. This NG has been
ruined by too many posts and too few contributions on the topic of
boating.

I've seen many times where valuable contributors have had enough and
said so, only to be ridiculed and told where to go. There are many
names from years ago that don't post here anymore, but I see thier
names on other forums, and they are like old friends: On topic and
ready to share.

I go back at least that far as well, and like you, really used to enjoy my
time spent here. Truly sad how polluted this (virtual) place has become.
Amazing how just a few insects can destroy so much harvest. I don't know
which is more pathetic; that these assholes consider this place their
personal playground to post their bull**** without regard to the stated
subject matter of the forum, or that they actually think anybody really
gives a flying **** about their political opinions. It's not about cabin
fever in the winter. It's not about conversations that you would likely
hear on the docks at your marina. These are two common red herrings offered
to absolve guilt. It's really about extremely small people with delusions
of self-importance that in actuality are so incredibly boring that nobody
anywhere else will listen to them. How wretched is that for an existence?

It's interesting that one of the more prolific regulars who potentially had
some of the most to offer in boating-related topic, also had a tendency to
feel the need to regularly sermonize with his political beliefs. Of course,
I'm referring to Chuck Gould. Chuck is connected to boating in more ways
than most of us would ever hope to be, and always had meaningful insights,
when he chose to stay on topic. But at least he opted to take the high road
and took a powder, apparently considering himself more a part of the problem
rather than part of the solution. Unfortunately, his challenge to other OT
posters to do the same was universally ignored. And he's only one example
of many savvy contributors who simply don't bother to show up any more for
obvious reasons. Jeez, they've been gone so long, I can't even remember
most of their names. Now, most of the prolific posters that we have left
couldn't float an intelligent boating-related thought if their life depended
upon it. So, I'm afraid that the outlook for rec.boats isn't very
promising. It would appear that the less of a real life you have, the more
time and inclination you have to defile this place, resulting in the current
signal to noise ratio.

Lloyd Sumpter

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:11:21 +0000, bb wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:53:14 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter" wrote:

Well, I've started several boating-related topics (like the one on manifolds)
but nobody seems to be interested in them...

Come on Lloyd, how long could a thread about manifold go on? Boating topics get
a decent run here, but mud slinging is the main event.

Ny point exactly. One might say: "How long could a thread on a single line a US Pres.
Candidates said 3 yrs ago could go on?" and the answer, apparently, is "at least
dozens of posts...". In other words, people here are simply more interested in
politics then they are in boating. Which is strange, since this is a boating
forum...

Lloyd
Florida Keyz

I still think we should all spam the political posters!
Capt Frank Hopkins

Thanks for the URL's Jim. I have joined a couple of them.
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_