JimH

Default Sperry Top Sider Boat Shoes

There was a time when the frontier was out west.

Mountains, prairies and deserts. Limitless miles of wilderness,
which no boot or shoe had ever crossed.

Today it's the complete opposite. Every available inch of our
great land has been touched by enough heels and soles to make a footwear
mountain.

But does this mean there is no more frontier to conquer?

Absolutely not.

There is, in fact, an even wider, vaster domain of open planet
on which the people of the Twenty First Century have yet to put a gas
station or a hamburger stand.

But it isn't the land. It's the water.

Water. The sum total of every ocean, sea, lake, river and
stream. An enormous stretch of territory encompassing two thirds of the
world.

Out on the greatest bodies of water - the open oceans - there
are no stop lights, no traffic signs. Nothing to slow you down. All you need
is a boat and a breeze and you're off, climbing the waves with both feet.

How far and how fast you go is up to you.

This is the message of our brand, Sperry Top-Sider. Best known
for boat shoes that have logged more miles of open ocean than any other. And
have out-raced, out-cruised and out-fished any and all competitors, again
and again, from 1935 to this very moment.

The latest Sperry Top-Sider breakthrough is a pure performance
shoe called the Figawi. Mean and lean and feather-light, engineered for
speed and comfort in the heat of competition or in the teeth of a squall.

Every millimeter of the Figawi is designed to make you want to
own and love the water. To jump in. To get wet.

It's the shoe that's kicking off the Sperry Top-Sider of
tomorrow.

A global brand that lives and breathes adventure at sea, and
excitement on every other body of water as well. A brand that talks to
sailors, kayakers, windsurfers, power boaters and fishermen - to everyone
who loves the water.

A brand that connects both above the ankle and below it. With
the only line of footwear and apparel built for one purpose only: to let you
make the water your own personal frontier. Your playing field.

Sperry Top-Sider. If you can't live without water, it's all
about you.

Get wet.

Product Information
Q. Do you have women's shoes in narrow and wide widths?
A. Presently Sperry shoes for women come only in medium widths, there are
wide widths in selected styles up to size 9.

Q. Do you sell rawhide laces?
A. At this time we provide complimentary rawhide laces.

Q. Do you still carry the Captains Oxford?
A. Back by popular demand in its pure simplicity, the Captain's Oxford is
once again available. Please refer to the Nautical Collection in our men's
catalog.

Q.Where can I find styles not located on the Sperry Website?
A. Most of our current styles are located on our Website. If you have
recently seen Sperry shoes that are not on our web site, please use the
retail locator on this web site to find a store near you. It is suggested
that you call the store first, to make sure they have the size and style you
would like to purchase.

About your order

Q. How do I check on an order I placed over the Internet?
A . To obtain the status of your order, call 1-888-900-7737.

Q. How long does it take for an order to be delivered to me?
A. It normally takes about 4-6 business days for shoes to be delivered. If
your shoes were sent via Express Delivery, please allow 2-3 business days
for your package to arrive. Shoes being delivered to Hawaii, Alaska and
Puerto Rico shipments should arrive within 5-6 business days.

Q. What form of payment does Sperrytopsider.com accept?
A. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We are unable
to accept money orders or checks as a form of payment for the shoes ordered.

Q. Can I fax an order to Sperrytopsider.com?
A. We have found that faxed orders can take much longer to process. The
quality of faxed information is often difficult to read. To expedite orders
quickly and correctly, we ask that you place your order on-line.

Where to buy Sperry product

Q. Do you have a catalogue you can mail to me?
A . Our consumer catalogue is published on the Sperry Website.

Q. Can you tell me what specific styles a store carries?
A. Many of the retailers that sell Sperry merchandise distribute different
products to different retail locations. Therefore, we cannot be certain what
specific styles are at any one particular store.

Q. Does Sperry have Outlet Stores?
A. Sperry does not have outlet stores; however, Sperry shoes can usually be
found in Stride Rite Outlets.

Q. Where can I find Sperry shoes in my town or city?
A. Visit our Retail-Locator on our web site to find a store near you that
carries Sperry styles.

Q. Where can I buy children's Sperry shoes?
A. Children's Sperry's can be found in Stride Rite children's stores.

Security

Q. Is it safe to order on-line?
A. It is safe to order on line. Your personal information, including your
credit card number is sent through the Internet in encrypted form.

Care Instructions

Q. Do you have a reconditioning service?
A. At this time we do not offer resoling or reconditioning services.

Q. How do I care for brushed leather and suede shoes?
A. A suede and nubuck cleaner should be used.

Q. How should I care for my finished leather shoes?
A. Dirt and dust should be removed with a clean cloth, then use mink oil.

Q. How do I clean canvas and mesh styles?
A. Spot clean with a clean damp cloth and mild detergent and water.

Q. How do I clean canvas styles?
A. Machine wash in cold or warm water with towels of a similar color. Then
machine dry on low to medium heat with a towel or wash cloth inside the
shoes to help absorb moisture quicker-until thoroughly dry.

To speak with someone directly, please call us Monday
-Friday at (800) 617-2239, 8:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.

For information or questions regarding an order you
have placed, call (888) 900-SPERRY or (888) 900-7737.
NOTE: Remember to dial 888 NOT 800.

Just Me

Sperry make good shoes, but I prefer Rockport. The Rockport has much better
arch support and my feet feel much better after a day on the boat.

They also seem to be more substantial than Top Siders.

If I were you I would definitely pay a little more for Rockport.

http://shop.rockport.com/product/ind...ductId=1392889

"JimH" wrote in message
news
[...]

JimH

I support Rockport shoes.

In fact I recently received this link from them via email:

http://www.rockport.com/scripts/cgii.../rp/index.html

"Just Me" wrote in message
Sperry make good shoes, but I prefer Rockport. The Rockport has much
better arch support and my feet feel much better after a day on the boat.

They also seem to be more substantial than Top Siders.

If I were you I would definitely pay a little more for Rockport.

http://shop.rockport.com/product/ind...ductId=1392889

"JimH" wrote in message
news
[...]

Just Me

Do you think there are people who might want to discuss boat shoes? While
JimH's post was made tongue in cheek, when you are giving lemons you can
always make lemonade.

Are you upset because JimH is not spamming the NG with OT political posts?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Just Me wrote:
Sperry make good shoes, but I prefer Rockport. The Rockport has much
better arch support and my feet feel much better after a day on the boat.

They also seem to be more substantial than Top Siders.

If I were you I would definitely pay a little more for Rockport.

http://shop.rockport.com/product/ind...ductId=1392889

"JimH" wrote in message
news
There was a time when the frontier was out west.

You really don't give a crap about this newsgroup, do you?
If you did, you uwouldn't be encouraging Hertvik's spamming.

--
Bush and the NeoConvicts who control him
are destroying the once-great United States.

HaKrause

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:50:57 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

This is the message of our brand, Sperry Top-Sider. Best known
for boat shoes that have logged more miles of open ocean than any other. And
have out-raced, out-cruised and out-fished any and all competitors, again
and again, from 1935 to this very moment.

The latest Sperry Top-Sider breakthrough is a pure performance
shoe called the Figawi. Mean and lean and feather-light, engineered for
speed and comfort in the heat of competition or in the teeth of a squall.

I helped design these in the mid '30s. Some of the best out there.