Clams Canino

Default Looking for a starter boat???

This is not my boat. I don't know the marina selling this boat. I DO know
that I have almost the exact same package and LOVE it to death. The deep V
rocks in the chop and that Merc inline 6 is a slowly vanishing diamond that
legends were made of.

While I can't endorse this *particular* package - I can say that if it's
what they claim it is.... and that seems the case......... you can't go
wrong with this.

-W

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to

bb

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:01:49 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

While I can't endorse this *particular* package - I can say that if it's
what they claim it is.... and that seems the case......... you can't go
wrong with this.

-W

Damn Clams, hard to beat $250 for a boat. I'll give you credit for
starting me on Ebay shopping for a boat. Because of your introduction
to the Ebay thing I've made two offers on Ebay boats, a Persuit 1950
and an Action Craft 1820. I just missed the Persuit by maybe $500,
and I was the high bidder on the Action Craft but missed the reserve
by $1,500. The reserve set on the Action Craft was actually a very
good buy on the boat, but the boat was not exactly what I had in mind.
So, even though they sent me a second chance offer, and I made an
offer in the middle, it didn't work out. All in all, if one knows a
bit about the particular segment of the boat market they are
interested in, Ebay does have some values to offer.

If all goes well, I should be closing on my next new boat tomorrow.
It was a private sale, advertised in the local newspaper. If the
closing takes place as planned, I'll post the details after.

bb

Don White

Confusing about the trailer.
They mention a new Shorelander...and then mention a 1983 model with new
tires.
Do you get 2 trailers?
What would a boat like this usually sell for stateside??

Clams Canino wrote in message
. net...
This is not my boat. I don't know the marina selling this boat. I DO

know
that I have almost the exact same package and LOVE it to death. The deep

rocks in the chop and that Merc inline 6 is a slowly vanishing diamond

that
legends were made of.

While I can't endorse this *particular* package - I can say that if it's
what they claim it is.... and that seems the case......... you can't go
wrong with this.

-W

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to

noah

wrote:

[...]

Damn...if you gotta' have a "closing" on a boat, you're way outa' my
league. I just buy 'em. )

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats
Clams Canino

Correct, one could write him and ask what the reserve *is* though.

-W

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to

"frosty" wrote in message
Doesn't the "Reserve Not Met" mean that this boat will NOT be
sold for $250?

-- frosty

Clams Canino wrote:
This is not my boat. I don't know the marina selling this boat. I
DO know that I have almost the exact same package and LOVE it to
death. The deep V rocks in the chop and that Merc inline 6 is a
slowly vanishing diamond that legends were made of.

While I can't endorse this *particular* package - I can say that if
it's what they claim it is.... and that seems the case......... you
can't go wrong with this.

-W

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to

Clams Canino

$2500 would not be a bad price. I think $3000 tops.

-W (best guess)

"Don White" wrote in message

What would a boat like this usually sell for stateside??

bb

On 24 Jul 2003 21:09:48 -0500, noah
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:40:57 -0400, bb wrote:

If all goes well, I should be closing on my next new boat tomorrow.
It was a private sale, advertised in the local newspaper. If the
closing takes place as planned, I'll post the details after.

bb

Damn...if you gotta' have a "closing" on a boat, you're way outa' my
league. I just buy 'em. )

noah

Old habits die hard I guess. A closing is a closing, and we had a
closing today. Bills of sale, power of attorney, payoffs, titling
service, insurance binder. $10,000 or $100,000, the process is about
the same.

Anyway, new boat, 1998 Seastrike 190 w/Yamaha 130 Salt Water Series,
aluminum trailer. Brought it home today, hope to take it for a test
ride tomorrow afternoon. It's a little older that I wanted to go
with, and I did intend to stick with a four stroke ob, but man I like
this rig.

bb
noah

wrote:

[...]

Good luck with it. It sounds like a nice combo.
....maybe I oughta' have a "closing". )