bb

Default Looking for a starter boat???

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:01:49 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

While I can't endorse this *particular* package - I can say that if it's
what they claim it is.... and that seems the case......... you can't go
wrong with this.

-W

Damn Clams, hard to beat $250 for a boat. I'll give you credit for
starting me on Ebay shopping for a boat. Because of your introduction
to the Ebay thing I've made two offers on Ebay boats, a Persuit 1950
and an Action Craft 1820. I just missed the Persuit by maybe $500,
and I was the high bidder on the Action Craft but missed the reserve
by $1,500. The reserve set on the Action Craft was actually a very
good buy on the boat, but the boat was not exactly what I had in mind.
So, even though they sent me a second chance offer, and I made an
offer in the middle, it didn't work out. All in all, if one knows a
bit about the particular segment of the boat market they are
interested in, Ebay does have some values to offer.

If all goes well, I should be closing on my next new boat tomorrow.
It was a private sale, advertised in the local newspaper. If the
closing takes place as planned, I'll post the details after.

bb