noah

Default Boat pulling to left really bad

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:06:23 -0400, "Lasher"
wrote:

Hi,
I have a 1988 Maxum IO Mercruiser 4 cyl. My boat pulls to the left really
bad. I adjusted and readjusted the skeg fin, and played with the trim on the
outdrive and cant find out why it is doing this. The fin on the bottom below
the prop doesnt seem to be bent either. I thought maybe I had a weight
problem, but last time I took the boat out I had 3 people get on the right
side of the boat so it would lean to the right, and it still pulled to the
left. Is there some kind of steering mechanism that can go bad that I should
look for? If i get going about 30mph , it take alot of strength to keep the
wheel straight. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Lasher

A friend of mine had a 21' Searay, Mercruiser, that started pulling.
The bolt holding the steering offset tab had loosened, and had fallen
out. Make sure you still have that little fin just above the prop,
and adjust it in the Opposite direction from where it currently
points, or towards the port side of the boat.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats
N.L. Eckert

If you have trim tabs, I would suspect the starboard side tab may be
malfunctioning and digging in too far. You might try lift the tabs all
the way up to see if it still pulls to the left. If you boat doesn't
have trim tabs ,.... disregard all of the above.
=========
Norm

Boat illegally docked? Chuck Tribolet General 5 July 11th 03 10:52 PM
Boat looses plane? ReevesJ32 General 4 July 11th 03 12:29 AM
what to look for in a used boat Swede General 4 July 10th 03 02:10 PM
Anyone know what type of boat this is on? Wooduuuward General 1 July 8th 03 06:11 PM
Composite flooring on pontoon boat? Calif Bill General 3 July 1st 03 03:42 AM